Applications for the Saltire Scholarship in Scotland for foreign Students are currently being accepted. Offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities, Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are opened to citizens and permanent residents of multiple Countries to pursue a Master’s Degree in Scotland.
The scholarship will be awarded for one academic year and is available for master degree candidates willing to study in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy at Scotland’s higher education institutions, in the United Kingdom.
- Host institutions: Scotland’s higher education institutions, in the United Kingdom.
- Fields of Study: Science (Earth Sciences Environment, Energy, Geology, Weather and Climate, Plants/Botany, Animals/Zoology); Technology (Software, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Information, Systems, Multimedia, Engineering, Computers); Creative industries (Communications, Media and Culture, Broadcasting, Film, Animation, Journalism, Cultural, Publishing, New Media Studies, Computer Games / Computer Arts, Design, Graphic, Industrial, Interior, Fashion); Healthcare and medical sciences (Physical and Life Sciences, Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health Sciences, Biotechnology); Renewable and clean energy (Sustainable Engineering, Renewable Energy, Biomass / Bio fuels, Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power).
- Number of Awards: up to 50.
- Duration : One academic year.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens and permanent residents of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
Saltire Scholarship in Scotland Benefits
Each Selected candidates for the Saltire Scholarship will receive a grant worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a programme of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland. As a Saltire Scholar, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme, but also for Scotland.
Saltire Scholarship in Scotland Eligibility
Applicants for the Saltire Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans with SA-GER CDR;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship, must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2020-2021 Saltire Scholarship in Scotland is . For more details, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.