Applications for the Saltire Scholarship in Scotland for foreign Students are currently being accepted. Offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities, Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are opened to citizens and permanent residents of multiple Countries to pursue a Master’s Degree in Scotland.
This Scotland Government Scholarship will be awarded for one academic year and is available for master degree candidates willing to study in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy at Scotland’s higher education institutions, in the United Kingdom.
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university, have the aspiration to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career, and a willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
- Host institutions: Scotland’s higher education institutions, in the United Kingdom (Full list below).
- Fields of Study: Please find below.
- Number of Awards: up to 50.
- Duration : One academic year.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens and permanent residents of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
Saltire Scholarship in Scotland Benefits
This scholarship is not fully funded and will provide each selected candidates for the Saltire Scholarship will receive a grant worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters program at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a program of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland. As a Saltire Scholar, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships program, but also for Scotland.
Scotland’s higher education institutions
Please find below, the list of higher education institutions where candidates can study with the Scotland Government Scholarship
- ABERTAY UNIVERSITY
- EDINBURGH NAPIER UNIVERSITY
- GLASGOW CALEDONIAN UNIVERSITY
- GLASGOW SCHOOL OF ART
- HERIOT-WATT UNIVERSITY
- OPEN UNIVERSITY
- QUEEN MARGARET UNIVERSITY, EDINBURGH
- ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY
- ROYAL CONSERVATOIRE OF SCOTLAND
- SRUC SCOTLAND’S RURAL COLLEGE
- THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH
- UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN
- UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE
- UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW
- UNIVERSITY OF ST ANDREWS
- UNIVERSITY OF STIRLING
- UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE
- UNIVERSITY OF THE HIGHLANDS AND ISLANDS (UHI)
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND.
Fields of Study for the Scotland Government Scholarship
- Science (Earth Sciences Environment, Energy, Geology, Weather and Climate, Plants/Botany, Animals/Zoology);
- Technology (Software, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Information, Systems, Multimedia, Engineering, Computers);
- Creative industries (Communications, Media and Culture, Broadcasting, Film, Animation, Journalism, Cultural, Publishing, New Media Studies, Computer Games / Computer Arts, Design, Graphic, Industrial, Interior, Fashion);
- Healthcare and medical sciences (Physical and Life Sciences, Astronomy, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health Sciences, Biotechnology);
- Renewable and clean energy (Sustainable Engineering, Renewable Energy, Biomass / Bio fuels, Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power).
Saltire Scholarship in Scotland Eligibility
Applicants for the Saltire Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- CSC Scholarship at Zhejiang Normal University;
- GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students to study in South Korea;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University;
- KAUST Scholarship for Master and PhD Students;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship, must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2021-2022 Saltire Scholarship in Scotland is . For more details, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.