Applications are being received for the Singapore Government Pre-Graduate Scholarship. The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) supports short-term research attachments for top international students at A*STAR, giving you the unique opportunity to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia and work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers.
This award provides a monthly stipend of S$2,000 and is open for students who are pursuing their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. International students who are considering PhD studies in A*STAR should apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award program. This is a unique opportunity to work in the world’s top labs alongside with world’s top researchers.
Students are encouraged to find out more about the capabilities and areas of research of the Research Institute (RI) by referring to the provided list below. Shortlisted students will be contacted by the identified RI supervisor/ HR for nomination. A report detailing the student’s experience and research project must be submitted to A*GA 3 weeks before the completion of the attachment.
- Host Institutions: A*STAR Research Institutes in Singapore.
- Area: Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science and Engineering.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration : 2-6 months attachment at A*STAR.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
Singapore Government Pre-Graduate Scholarship Benefits
The award to research in Singapore provides support for 2-6 month attachment at a A*STAR Research Institute. Awardees are provided with a monthly stipend of S$2,000.
A*STAR Research Institutes
Below is the list of A*STAR Research Institutes (RI) under the SIPGA program.
- Advanced Remanufacturing and Technology Centre (ARTC)
- A*STAR Skin Research Labs (A*SRL)
- Bioinformatics Institute (BII)
- Biological Resource Centre (BRC)
- Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI)
- Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS)
- Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R)
- A*STAR Infectious Disease Labs (ID Labs)
- Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC)
- Institute of Molecular & Cell Biology (IMCB)
- Institute of Microelectronics (IME)
- Institute of Materials Research & Engineering (IMRE)
- Institute of Sustainability for Chemicals, Energy and Environment (ISCE2)
- National Metrology Centre (NMC)
- Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS)
- Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI)
- Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN)
- Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech)
- Research Support Centre (RSC)
Singapore Government Pre-Graduate Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Asia, applicants must be international students in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Science, and Engineering related disciplines who are undergraduate students in their third or fourth year, or Master students.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
- Ghent University PhD Scholarship for Developing Countries;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at HIT.
How to Apply for the Singapore Government Pre-Graduate Scholarship
Students interested in pursuing an attachment at A*STAR Research Institutes (RI) under the SIPGA program should click on the apply button below and follow instructions to complete the application form for shortlisting by the RI. For attachment opportunities at the Bioinformatics Institute (BII) and Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS), interested students should email the following RI coordinators directly for placement.
Please include the following supporting documents in submitting the application form/ email: Curriculum Vitae and Educational transcripts/certificates.
|Research Institute||Contact Person|
|Bioinformatics Institute (BII)||Ms Koh Kok Mei|
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +65 6478 8341
|Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS)||Ms Ong Yan Ting|
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +65 6808 8003
If you have further questions, please forward them to [email protected].
The deadline to submit applications for attachment starting from August 2024 is . Please visit the official page for more detail on the Singapore Government Pre-Graduate Scholarship. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.