The ASRIC and UEMF Scholarships for PhD Students are now opened for applications. The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) and the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF) are offering scholarships for African students to carry out their doctoral research work at UEMF, Morocco.
The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council is mandated to implement Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and to promote scientific research and innovation in order to address the challenges of Africa’s socio-economic development.
On the other hand, the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes is a University of a regional character and is located in the iconic city of Fes, Morocco. The University aims to promote the values of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and solidarity, in furtherance UEMF is a growing centre of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 24% of which are scholarship recipients.
- Host institution: The Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), Morocco.
- Fields of Study: Digital Engineering and Artificial Intelligence; Embedded systems; Additive Manufacturing; Materials; Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency; Energy storage; Batteries and Smart grids; Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Number of Awards: 10.
- Duration : up to 3 years.
- Eligible countries: Open to nationals of African Countries.
ASRIC and UEMF Scholarships Benefits
The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council scholarship includes:
- tuition fees of about $9,000;
- annually one return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer holiday; and
- a stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
ASRIC and UEMF Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for the ASRIC and UEMF Scholarships, candidates must:
- be national of the one of the African Union Member State;
- be less than 35 years of age at the end date of this call;
- have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PHD degrees in Germany;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships.
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University;
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship.
- An updated CV;
- certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- copy certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- certified copy of the international passport;
- 2 personal passport size photographs.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the ASRIC and UEMF Scholarships, must gethered supporting documents and submit them to the ASRIC Secretariat by email to [email protected] and CC [email protected] before the deadline.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the ASRIC and UEMF Scholarships for PhD Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.