Candidates can now apply for the Scuola Normale Superiore PhD Scholarships program. Various PhD positions to study at the Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) have been announced for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Positions are opened to both Italians and foreign students in the fields of Astrochemistry, Italian Studies and Modern Philology, Data Science, Computational Methods and Mathematical Models for Sciences and Finance, History, History of Art. The selection is based on academic assessment of candidates and on interviews.
The Scuola Normale Superiore is a higher educational institution in Italy. The institution has about 600 undergraduate and postgraduate (PhD) students. The university ranks first in Italy in the Per Capita Performance parameter of the “Academic Ranking of World Universities” (ARWU 2018), second among Italian universities in the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019”, and first in Italy in the Teaching parameter
- Host institution: Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) in Italy.
- Fields of study: Astrochemistry, Italian Studies and Modern Philology, Data Science, Computational Methods and Mathematical Models for Sciences and Finance, History, History of Art…
- Number of awards: 76.
- Duration: Four years.
- Target group: Open to all Nationalities.
Scuola Normale Superiore PhD Scholarships Benefits
For the academic year 2020-2021 the scholarship amounts to € 17,000.00 inclusive of a lodging allowance. Students also have the right to free meals at the SNS facilities, or at those facilities with active agreements with the SNS, for the whole duration of the course, excluding the periods of academic holidays.
Successful candidates for those positions with a specific research topic and site could be invited to sign a research contract involving a research grant or a collaboration. PhD students can also carry out off-site study and research activities; formally authorized activities will be assigned additional funds.
Round trip airfare reimbursement for Non-EU PhD students up to a maximum of 1,000.00 euros.
Scuola Normale Superiore PhD Scholarships Eligibility
Applications are welcomed from candidates who, irrespective of their citizenship, have an Italian laurea magistrale (MA/MS degree) or an equivalent degree awarded abroad, or who expect to have obtained the degree required for admission by 31 October 2020. Admission to the selection process is restricted to candidates who:
- were born after 31 October 1988;
- have no past criminal charges resulting in a prison term of more than three years;
- have not been subject to the disciplinary measure of “expulsion” as specified in the didactic regulations of the SNS;
- are not in possession of a research doctorate issued by an Italian university, and in any case have never benefited from a scholarship for attending a research doctorate course in Italy.
Admission interviews can be conducted in Italian or English. The candidate’s level of competence in the Italian and English language must be stated in the application, with reference to the EUROPASS language grid.
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans with SA-GER CDR.
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button below and follow given instructions to submit their application.
Applications deadline for Autumn intake is . For more detail on the Scuola Normale Superiore PhD Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.