Applications are now opened for the Pfizer One Young World Scholarship. This scholarship program to attend the OYW summit virtually has been established to recognize the outstanding actions of young people to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on society.
50 scholars will receive digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 to 25 July. In addition, scholars will join the One Young World Ambassador community, a network of 12,000+ changemakers in more than 190 countries. This scholarship is intended for young leaders who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and advancing health education and access.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. During the event, delegates from more than 190 countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders. The One Young World Summit 2021 will take place in Munich, Germany from 22 to 25 July 2021.
- Event: The One Young World Summit.
- Number of awards: 50 scholars.
- Date: 22 – 25 July 2021.
- Venue: in Munich, Germany.
- Eligible countries: Opened to all nationalities.
Pfizer One Young World Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the summit will have the following benefits:
- Digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 to 25 July 2021
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with Pfizer executives.
Pfizer One Young World Scholarship Eligibility
This scholarship is intended for young leaders aged 18 – 30 who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or advancing health education and access. Relevant impact includes:
- Providing healthcare to COVID-19 patients.
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 risks and contributing to community safety.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Digital solutions to enhance access to education and access to healthcare.
- Initiatives that combat the secondary impacts of the pandemic e.g. responding to increases in unemployment.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics and community activists.
In addition to these criteria, successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to engage with Pfizer professionals. Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships.
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany;
- Schwarzman Scholars program at Tsinghua University.
Interested applicants should click on the “apply” button and follow instructions to submit their application.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. The program is not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
Please submit the application form before 10:00am BST on . For more detail on the Pfizer One Young World Scholarship, please visit the official OYWS website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.