Applicants are invited to apply for the 2020 World Bank SDGs&Her Competition for Women Entrepreneurs. SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of micro enterprises; increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
- Event: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Her Competition.
- Number of Prizes: Not specified.
- Date: April 2020.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
World Bank SDGs&Her Competition Benefits
The top winners of the World Bank SDGs&Her Competition will be recognized in April 2020 at an event on the margins of the 2020 World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in Washington D.C. The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
World Bank SDGs&Her Competition Eligibility
Application for the Competition is open for candidates, who meet the following criteria:
- be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
- own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
- have a loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
Entries will be screened by a university partner and then judged by an expert panel. Judges will determine the winners based on the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
Interested applicants must click on the apply button below, complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs. Applications will close on January 10, 2020. For more detail on the World Bank SDGs&Her Competition for Women Entrepreneurs, please visit the official page.