Applications for the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Program are currently being accepted. The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science South African National Programme aims to promote and encourage young Women in science.
The programme identifies and rewards talented young female scientists in the field of Formal sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences.
- Host Institution(s): Universities in South Africa.
- Area: Sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences.
- Number of awards: 5 PhD and 2 post-doctorates.
- Duration : Normal programme duration.
- Eligible countries: Open for talented young female scientists in South Africa.
L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Benefits
Selected candidates fro the programme will have following benefits
- 5 research grants of R 80 000 each, will be granted to 5 PhD students enrolled at a South African institution and completing their doctorate in a research laboratory.
- 2 research grants of R 165 000 each, will be granted to 2 South African post-doctoral researchers working in a laboratory or research institute registered in one of the South African provinces.
L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- Having obtained a PhD degree in Formal sciences, Life sciences, Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering and Technological sciences or pursuing studies leading to a Ph.D. degree at a South African university
- Be a South African Citizen
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution or being enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in South Africa
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for PhD and for Post-doctoral awards
You may also be eligible for the:
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Zhejiang Normal Universit MPA Scholarship;
- Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship To Study Arabic Language;
- International Excellence Scholarship at Brunel University;
- MISF Du Pré Grants For Multiple Sclerosis Researchers;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change.
Applications can be only made through the online platform by the candidates themselves. An application is considered complete only if it includes all documents below:
- Certified copies of the degrees or recent diplomas
- A proof of having obtained a Ph.D. degree for postdoctoral candidates
- A proof of being enrolled at a South African University for doctoral candidates
- A detailed project summary of a maximum 2 pages, including:
- The project description of the current research project
- The proposed use of the grant motivating the candidature with some budget indications. Provide insight into what the grant will be used for e.g. conferences, travel or equipment
- Letters of recommendation from the research supervisor and/or the director of the scientific institution where the research project is carried or the Dean of the University under which the candidate is running her research
- The list of publications and patents
The deadline to submit applications is . For more details on the L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science South African National Programme, please visit the official page.