Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship to study Arabic language aim to reward students for excellence and dedication to the study of the Arabic language as well as promote the study of Arabic as a foreign language. Prospective students may apply to either one of the semester programs (fall, spring) or else to one of the winter and summer programs offered at the Qalam wa Lawh center in Rabat Morocco.
- Host Institution: Qalam wa Lawh Center for Arabic Studies in Rabat, Morocco.
- Area: Arabic language study.
- Number of awards: Five (5) full scholarships (tuition & housing) and Ten (10) partial scholarships (tuition only) for each session.
- Duration: 4 to 16 weeks.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship is as follows depending on the type the candidate has been selected for:
- Full Scholarships cover all tuition and housing costs for the duration of the program (an approximate value of $4200.00 for semester programs, and $1200.00 for the winter and summer sessions).
- Partial Scholarships cover tuition-only costs for the duration of the program (an estimated $2450 for semester programs, and $700 for the winter and summer sessions)
Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants must write a 600-1,000 word essay answering “What do you hope to achieve through your study of the Arabic language?”
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of four University semesters in Modern Standard Arabic or equivalent study (at least 240 documented contact hours at a private institution).
- Applicants must have three written recommendations, including at least one from an Arabic Language Instructor/Professor. Recommendations should be addressed to the Scholarship Committee at Qalam wa Lawh.
- Applicants must provide graded transcripts documenting previous Arabic study.
You may also be eligible for the:
- International Excellence Scholarship at Brunel University;
- MISF Du Pré Grants For Multiple Sclerosis Researchers;
- Edinburgh Online Learning Masters Scholarships;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change;
- University Of Adelaide Australian Government Scholarship.
To apply, please send the completed application form and all required attachments (photocopy of passport, recommendation letters, essay, and transcripts):
- By email to: [email protected];
- Or by mail to: Qalam wa Lawh, 22 Ave Omar Ibn Alkhattab, Agdal, Rabat, Morocco.
The application deadline for Spring 2021 (16 weeks) is and for Summer 2021 (4 weeks). For more detail on the Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship to study Arabic language, please visit the official page.