The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology provides the KAIST International Student Scholarship for International Students willing to conduct first cycle (undergraduate) studies at the institute in South Korea.
The scholarship is fully funded and provide full tuition fee waiver, living expenses and national Health insurance. The program wants to select students who meet the goal of fostering science talents that contribute to the nation and society.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is a national research university located in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon, South Korea. KAIST is the nation’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution. It has approximately 10,200 full-time students and 1,140 faculty researchers and had a total budget of US$765 million in 2013.
- Host Institution(s): The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea.
- Field of study: Any undergraduate course offered by KAIST.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 8 semesters
- Target group: Open to International students.
KAIST International Student Scholarship Benefits
The KAIST International Student Scholarship for International Students provides successful applicants with the followings:
- Full tuition fee exemption for 8 semesters;
- Living expenses of 350,000 KRW per month;
- National Health insurance.
KAIST International Student Scholarship Eligibility
To apply to this Asia scholarships for International Students, candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- Spring Semester, 2022 (EARLY only) : Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by February 28th, 2022.
- Fall Semester, 2022 : Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st, 2022.
- Applicants with foreign citizenship
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students
- International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements: Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- For applicants of Korean Origin, he/she must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Students must maintain a GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
- In KAIST, English is the medium language of instruction. Therefore, applicants do not need to have Korean language skill for admission. However, after you get admitted to KAIST, you need to obtain TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) 2 level for graduation.
Note: that international schools located in Korea are NOT acknowledged as foreign schools.
- Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) For International Students;
- UNIST Scholarship For Graduate Students (South Korea);
- 50 Governments Scholarships for International Students;
- 100+ Scholarships Offered by Canada Universities for All;
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students list.
There is no separate process to apply for the scholarship. Just check “KAIST scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section in the online application for admission (use the apply button provided below).
- Please note that the dates for Admission Announcement are subject to change.
- Submit your completed application and documents by 5:00 p.m.(KST) on the application deadline.
- Interview is NOT required for all applicants. Applicants will be contacted through individual email if an interview is necessary.
- After you pay the application fee (USD 80 or KRW 80,000), you are not allowed to change your application track.
The online Application deadline for the regular admission intakes is . Hard copies of application material with required documents (including recommendation letters) should be received by the university no later than . For more detail on the KAIST International Student Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.