The KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship is offered by the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) to support International Students willing to pursue studies at Masters or PhD degree level at the institute. The aim of the KAIST institute scholarship programme is to attract brightest minds that are able to contribute to it research activities.
The scholarship is fully funded and provide full tuition fee waiver, living expenses, Medical Insurance and additional funds for research assistantship. The KAIST Graduate Scholarship is open for a wide range of programmes offered at graduate level. This is a great opportunity for international students to study in South Korea.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is a national research university located in Daedeok Innopolis, in South Korea. The institute has approximately 10,200 full-time students, 1,140 faculty researchers and had a total budget of US$765 million in 2013, of which US$459 million was from research contracts. Since 1971, KAIST has been established as the nation’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution by the Korean government.
Furthermore, KAIST is ranked 4th on the QS WU Asian University Rankings, 13th on the QS WU Rankings in Material Sciences, 15th on the QS WU Rankings in Chemical Engineering and 17th on the QS WU Rankings in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Host Institution: The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea.
- Field of study: Natural Science (Physics, Mathematical Sciences, Chemistry); Life Science and Bioengineering (Physician-Scientist Track, Medical Science and Engineering Track); Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Robotics Program – Future Vehicle), Graduate School of Information Security, Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Environmental and Energy Technology Program, Bio and Brain Engineering, Brain and Cognitive Engineering, Industrial Design, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Graduate School of Knowledge Service Engineering, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Nuclear and Quantum Engineering, The Cho Chun Shik Graduate School of Green Transportation); Liberal Arts and Convergence Science (Graduate School of Culture Technology, Graduate School of Science, Technology, and Policy); Business (Business and Technology Management, Global IT Technology Program, Management Engineering).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Master (4 semesters) / PhD (8 semesters).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities except Korean citizens.
KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship Benefits
The KAIST Scholarship for International Graduate Students provides following benefits to selected applicants:
- Full tuition fee exemption;
- Living expenses of 350,000 KRW per month (for MS) or 400,000 KRW per month (for PhD);
- Medical Insurance;
- Additional Stipend can be available for research assistants.
KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship, candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s degree before enrollment at KAIST.
- For Doctoral Degree Program, applicants hold or expect to hold a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrollment at KAIST
- Have a foreign citizenship
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship (dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students
- International applicants MUST ADDITIONALLY satisfy one of the following two requirements: Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen.
- English is the medium language of instruction. Therefore, applicants from non English-speaking countries must meet the language requirements.
Note: Selected candidates must maintain GPA over 2.0 out of 4.3 during their studies at KAIST.
You may also be eligible for the:
- UNIST Scholarship For Graduate Students (South Korea);
- KAIST International Student Scholarship for undergraduate students;
- Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) For International Students;
- Rotary Peace Fellowship For Master And Certificate.
There is no separate application process for the KAIST scholarship. Just check “KAIST scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section in the online application for admission (use the apply button provided below).Important Notice
- Please note that the dates for Admission Announcement are subject to change.
- Submit your completed application and documents by the application deadline.
- Interview is NOT required for all applicants. Applicants will be contacted through individual email if an interview is necessary.
The online Application deadline for 2021 Spring intakes is . A hard copy of application with required documents (including recommendation letters) should be received by the university no later than . For more detail on the KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.