Applications for the 2021 British Council IELTS Award Program are currently being accepted. The Award will enable successful applicants to study at Undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world, in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Selected candidates for this scholarship program to study anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad) will need to demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
- Host Institution(s): Higher educational institutions anywhere in the world.
- Fields: Any English taught program.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration : One time.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
British Council IELTS Award Benefits
The British Council IELTS Award is worth between £3,000 up to £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution chosen by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual’s selected course. The award applies only to courses in the 2021-2022 academic year (i.e. starting August 2021 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
If tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
British Council IELTS Award Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the British Council IELTS Award Germany 2021 you must:
- be aged 18 years or over on 31 July 2021;
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2020 and 10 June 2021 issued by the British Council in Germany (due to the Covid-19 situation the IELTS Indicator Test will be accepted as well);
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test;
- be planning to enrol in the 2020–2021 academic year (i.e. starting August 2021 onwards) on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program taught in English at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements. The tuition fees of the program of choice must be a minimum of £3,000;
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organization by 31 July 2021.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Zhejiang Normal University MPA Scholarship;
- Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship To Study Arabic Language;
- MISF Du Pré Grants For Multiple Sclerosis Researchers;
- Kanthari Leadership Training for Social Change.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the scholarship must follow steps below to submit their applications.
- Take the IELTS test at a British Council authorized centre in Germany and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 1 June 2020 and 10 June 2021 issued by the British Council in Germany. Please note that a TRF issued by a test centre outside of Germany cannot be accepted.
- Complete and submit the online application form before the deadline.
Applications must be submitted by 14:00 (German time) on . For more details on the British Council IELTS Award, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.