Applications are now opened for the 2020-2021 Learn Africa Scholarship Program. Promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, The scholarship aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African undergraduate and graduate women through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in the initiative.
Selected students can complement their Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD level education, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
The scholarships are funded mostly by the universities participating in the program and are all members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE).
This year, due to the covid-19 pandemic which create a global travel restrictions all the studies offered for the 2020-2021, except those of Planeta Formation and University, are online.
- Host institution: Varies every year (Check application instruction section for more details).
- Fields of study: Varies every year.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Applicants programme duration.
- Target group: Open to African Women.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Benefits
Due to the covid-19 pandemic which do not allow students to travel to Spain, courses will be held online. Therefore, this year scholarships will only cover tuition and academic fees.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Eligibility
In general, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship for Undergraduate;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS).
There are numbers of scholarships available for short stay, undergraduate, Master’s and PhD degree programmes. To apply, please click on Learn Africa Scholarships or Learn Africa and Planeta 2020 scholarships.
Select the program you’re interested in studying. A page will open with detailed information about the programme. On that page at the right corner you will find the “Apply” button that you need to click on and follow instructions to submit your application.
Please note that courses are available in English, Spanish and French. Therefore, candidate must pay attention to the “language of instruction” while applying.
- National identity documents
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter
- Reference or recommendation letter/s
- Official language level accreditation if required
- Research project
The deadline to submit your application is . For more detail on the Learn Africa Scholarship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.