Applications are now opened for the 2021-2022 Learn Africa Scholarship Program. Promoted by the Women for Africa Foundation, The scholarship aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African undergraduate and graduate women through scholarships in Spanish universities that collaborate in the initiative.
Selected students can complement their Master’s and PhD level education, and then invest what has been learned to benefit their communities, thus contributing to the progress of African societies.
Scholarships are funded mostly by host universities, which are all members of the Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities (CRUE). Learn Africa presents, for the second year, a different call than usual. Given the global travel restrictions established because of Covid-19 pandemic, all the courses offered for the 2021-2022 will be taught online, except those from Planeta Formation and University which will take place in Rabat. All these courses have been designed to avoid the impact of the coronavirus in your training and future.
- Host institution: Varies every year (Check application instruction section for more details).
- Fields of study: Varies every year.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Applicants program duration.
- Target group: Open to African Women.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Benefits
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic which do not allow students to travel to Spain, courses will be held online. Therefore, this year scholarships will only cover tuition fees.
Learn Africa Scholarship Program Eligibility
In general, applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country;
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship);
- Meet the specific requirements of each type of scholarship;
- Have the appropriate technical/technological material and an Internet connection to follow online courses;
- Only one application per person.
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research);
- KAUST Scholarship for Master and PhD Students;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students;
- Konrad Adenauer Stiftung scholarship for Master and PhD degrees in Germany;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS).
>There are numbers of scholarships available for Postgraduate programs. To apply, please click on Learn Africa Scholarships or Learn Africa and Planeta 2021 scholarships to view scholarships, programs with their host institutions.
Select the program you’re interested in studying. A page will open with detailed information about the program. On that page at the right corner you will find the “Apply” button that you need to click on and follow instructions to submit your application. Please click here, for more detail on the application process.
Please note that courses might be available in English, Spanish and French. Therefore, greatyop.com advise you to pay attention to the “language of instruction” while applying.
- National identity documents
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter
- Reference or recommendation letter/s
- Official language level accreditation if required
- Research project
The deadline to submit your application is . For more detail on the Learn Africa Scholarship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.