Applications are currently being received for the ICYF Young Volunteers Camp in Turkey. The program has been created by the Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) to equip young people with practical knowledge and guidance to help and support communities during pandemics, natural disasters, and humanitarian crises.
As the world is going through unprecedented change, everyone needs to join their efforts to work collectively and support each other during these difficult times. Volunteerism is the crucial and significant solution at this very moment to bring people together and mobilize them accordingly where help is needed the most.
- Organizer: The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Date: 5-10 July For Young Women and 12-17 July For Young Men.
- Venue: Antalya, Turkey.
- Target group: Open to citizen of OIC Member States (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, West Bank, Yemen) or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State.
ICYF Young Volunteers Camp Benefits
Successful candidates will be provided with the followings:
- Round trip travel expenses from his/her country of residence to the Camp venue in Antalya.
- participants’ visa, medical and travel insurance
- domestic transportation, accommodation, food
- other relevant costs related of local hospitality.
ICYF Young Volunteers Camp Eligibility
Applicants for the ICYF International Youth Camp should meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an OIC Member State or representative of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State;
- Ability to communicate in English;
- Age between 18–30;
- Previous experience in humanitarian and volunteer work;
- Ability to work in teams;
- Volunteering background (article, project, photo, video etc.);
- Involved in/or have coordinated volunteering related project;
- Leaders with impact in his/her local community;
- Passionate and responsible to attend the full camp training program.
ICYF Young Volunteers Camps aims to:
- design the right framework of a volunteering training program during any kind of crisis as a long-term solution
- establish an effective partnership network and its community for volunteer’s capacity building
- empower youth lead organizations on volunteering management
- enhance young volunteers` capacities through interactive training
- promote the human rights of volunteers during humanitarian crises with civic and human rights education.
- establish a network among youth organizations for effective collaboration to find sustainable solutions during a pandemic crisis and humanitarian crises in the world.
- raise awareness of youth on the universal values of volunteerism
- provide a platform for sharing experiences, lessons learned and reflections on youth volunteerism and its impact.
- share best examples of successful youth volunteerism initiatives
- enable participants to improve themselves in project preparation for various funding sources and project cycle management.
How to Apply for the ICYF Young Volunteers Camp
Interested applicants in this program should click on the apply button below to access the online application platform and submit their applications.
Selected participants will receive an email confirmation with logistics and program details. Due to a limited timing, there will not be an opportunity to inform those who were not selected. The general information on selection results will be posted at ICYF and Social Media accounts. For any question, please send your requests to [email protected].
The deadline to submit your application is . For more detail on the ICYF Young Volunteers Camp, please visit the official website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.