Applications for the 2020-2021 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
- Host Institution: ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
- Field of Study: All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programmes (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Duration of the student’s programme.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of developing countries on the DAC-list of the OECD.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Benefits
The Engineering for Development scholarship provides successful applicants with:
- Economy round trip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low income countries.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Engineering for Development scholarship, Applicants must:
- Hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- Have a minimal English standard of TOEFL level C1. If the continuing education programme requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Koç University in Turkey Scholarships for Master and PhD;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD).
Interested applicants willing to apply for the Engineering for Development scholarship must follow steps below:
Step 1: Application to MAS, DAS or CAS programme
Please consult the programme webpage and/or the programme management to receive information on the deadlines, programme fees, application procedures and application documentation for the selected MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
- Please click here to have access to all MAS programmes
- Find all DAS programmes here
- All CAS programmes are listed here.
Step 2: Application to the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme
Applicants must send all documents in one single pdf file to [email protected].
- Completed application form ;
- CV of the candidate ;
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s) ;
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond ;
- Two professional references ;
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme for the respective semester ;
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate) ;
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1). If the programme requires a minimal level in another requires, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
The deadline to submit applicants is . For more details on the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.