Applications for the 2023-2024 E4D Continuing Education Scholarship are currently being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program provides support for candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
The goal of the program is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries. This scholarship is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
- Host Institution: ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
- Field of Study: All programs of the ETH Zurich continuing education programs (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Duration of the student’s program.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of developing countries on the DAC-list of the OECD.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Benefits
The Engineering for Development scholarship is fully funded and provides successful applicants with:
- Economy round trip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the program
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (730 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The program fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, in case an application for the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low-income countries.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Engineering for Development scholarship, Applicants must:
- Hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- Have a minimal English standard of TOEFL level C1. If the continuing education program requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD except from upper-middle income countries.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS program office.
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
How to Apply for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship?
Interested applicants willing to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe must follow steps below:
Step 1: Application to MAS, DAS or CAS program
Please consult the program webpage and/or the program management to receive information on the deadlines, program fees, application procedures and application documentation for the selected MAS, DAS or CAS program. Please click here for detailed information on program offered.
Step 2: Application to the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Program
Applications must be submitted through the online portal using the “Apply” button below. Submissions by e-mail will not be considered.
Note : Only candidates who are admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS program are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both (I) a continuing education program and (II) to the E4D scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to contact the program coordinator of their chosen program regarding the timeframe of the admission process, in order to obtain the admission letter before the deadline for the scholarship application.
- CV of the candidate ;
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s) ;
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the program and the impact on the candidate’s career development and beyond;
- Two professional references ;
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS, or CAS program for the respective semester;
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D program office directly through the employer (and not the candidate) ;
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognized English certificates. If the program requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
The deadline to submit applicants is . For more details on the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.