Applications are being received for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University for the 2024-2025 academic year. The scholarship program has been established by the Chinese government to support outstanding international students to pursue master’s and Ph.D. degrees at Tsinghua University.
This CSC Scholarship is a fully funded program that provides coverage for tuition, accommodation, stipend and health insurance. Successful applicants will have a chance to study in a variety of programs that are available at the Number One Chinese university. Some programs are offered fully in English, while others are offered fully in Chinese or bilingually in Chinese and English. Master’s degree programs are generally required to be completed in 2-3 years, and Doctoral degree programs in 3-4 years. For students with a Bachelor’s degree who move on directly to pursue a Doctoral degree program, the study period is normally 4-5 years.
Founded in 1911, Tsinghua University (THU, 清华大学 – Qīnghuá dàxué) is a major research university in Beijing, China. The university is a member of the C9 League of Chinese universities and counts among its alumni, many Chinese leaders. The university has 20 Schools, 59 Departments, 3565 Faculty members, 50394 Registered students among which more than 3250 are international students, and 2602 Postdoctoral Researchers. The university is ranked as the 15th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings and is considered to be the best university in Asia.
- Host Institutions: Tsinghua University (THU) in China.
- Fields of Study: Available fields of study at the university.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to 3 years for the Master’s degree program and up to 4 years for PhD degree program.
- Target Group: Open to all nationalities.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University Benefits
This Scholarship to study in China provides full and partial coverage:
- tuition waiver,
- stipend, and
- comprehensive medical insurance.
The Partial CGS includes one or a few items in the Full CGS. Annual Review is strictly required for all CGS holders.
Available English Programs at Tsinghua University
Below is the list of available English medium masters and PhD programs at Tsinghua University. Applicants can also study in available Chinese programs.
- International Construction and Project Management (ICPM)
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Environmental Science, Engineering and Management
- Global Environmental Leadership Program
- Vehicle and Mobility
- Global Manufacturing
- International Master of Engineering Management (IMEM) Program
- Advanced Computing
- International Master’s Program in Nuclear Engineering and Management
- Tsinghua Global MBA Program (GMBA)
- Master of Public Administration in International Development (MID) Program
- International Master of Public Administration (IMPA) Program
- Chinese Law (LL.M.)
- Global Business Journalism (GBJ)
- Chinese Politics, Foreign Policy and International Relations (CPFP)
- Educational Governance and Innovation
- International Master of Public Health (IMPH) Program
- International Master Program of Materials Science and Engineering (IMP-MSE)
- International Master of Applied Psychology (IMAP) Program.
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Environmental Science, Engineering and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Environmental Science and New Energy Technology
- Data Science and Information Technology
- Precision Medicine and Healthcare.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University Eligibility
I you want to apply for this CSC scholarship, you should be:
- a citizen of a country (with a valid passport) other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
- an academically excellent holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 35 when applying for a Master’s program;
- an academically excellent holder of a Master’s degree or its equivalent under the age of 40 when applying for a doctoral program.
- Bachelor’s degree holders willing to pursue doctoral degrees (combined master’s and PhD) at Tsinghua University could also apply for this scholarship program. 29 schools/departments can accept bachelor’s degree holders to pursue their doctoral degrees directly. Please click here to see the application requirements and instructions for Bachelor’s Degree Holders to Pursue Doctoral Degrees.
- pre-admitted by Tsinghua University and be recommended for CGS by the pre-admitted school/department. Otherwise, the application will not be considered or processed by the University.
- have not been offered other scholarships for prospective graduate study at Tsinghua University.
- have not been nominated as a CGS candidate to the CSC by other universities or institutions for prospective graduate study.
- meet other requirements of CGS Type B programs, such as applicable programs/majors, nationalities, and so on. Please consult the scholarship contact at schools/departments for more details.
Note : The applicant shall carefully check whether he/she meets the application qualification and application requirements (including the application requirements declared by the target school/department/major/program) before applying. The relevant consequences arising from his / her failure to meet the application qualification and application requirements shall be borne by the applicant himself/herself.
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University.
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
How to Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University
To apply for this scholarship program to study in Asia, candidates must follow the application procedure through Tsinghua University as shown below. The application process is done online. No need to mail hard copies of application materials to Tsinghua University.
- Get pre-admitted. Please hit the apply button below to access the online application platform
- Complete the Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) online application on the CSC website when informed by your school/department.
- The University selects CGS candidates and nominates them to the CSC
- The CSC makes the final decision.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)
- ID Photo
- A Scanned Copy of Passport Home Page
- Diploma and Certificate of Highest Education
- Academic Transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards)
- A Study Plan or research Proposal (in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters (in Chinese or English)
- A Photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (in Chinese or English)
- Non-Criminal Record Report (in Chinese or English)
- Valid Language Qualification Certificate (e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS or TOEFL report).
- Pre-admission documents
- Example of Art Work (Only for the applicants for Fine Arts)
- Other Supporting Documents.
Note : Applicants should be aware that the university charges a non-refundable application fee of RMB 800. For any questions, please contact the university on [email protected].
- All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Otherwise, the recommendation or the scholarship will be canceled. Applicants are recommended to use a professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials.
- All the CGS application information and documents should meet the requirements of the CSC. Otherwise, the CGS application will not be processed.
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Applicants should complete the CGS online application as soon as possible after being informed by the schools/departments. Considering the required application documents and their period of validation, applicants should prepare the documents properly in advance.
The application deadline is . For more information about the Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.