Founded by the Chongqing Municipality Government, the Chongqing Government Scholarship program has been created to attract foreign students to study at higher educational institutions in the Municipality. This scholarship program to study in Asia main goal is to encourage more outstanding international students to pursue a higher education in Chongqing by providing them with scholarships to cover tuition and accommodation fees.
The scholarship program also aims to make Chongqing Municipality institutions well known in the world. The program is open for all foreign students who are currently enrolled or planning to attend Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Chongqing for studies at undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels. Please find below the list of HEIs in Chongqing that are eligible to host international students under this scholarship scheme.
- Host Institutions: Higher Educational Institutions in Chongqing, China. Please see the list below.
- Fields of Study: Available fields at host institutions.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Duration of the candidate’s program.
- Target group: Open to Non-Chinese citizens.
Chongqing Government Scholarship Benefits
The Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship can be used to cover tuition and accommodation fees. The provided scholarship value is shown below:
- Doctoral student scholarship: 35,000 RMB/year;
- Master student scholarship: 30,000 RMB/year;
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 25,000 RMB/year.
Eligible Host institutions for the Chongqing Government Scholarship
The list of universities and institutions that are eligible to host foreign students under the Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship is as follows:
- Chongqing Jiaotong University
- Chongqing Medical University
- Chongqing Normal University
- Chongqing University
- Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Sichuan International Studies University
- Southwest University
- Southwest University of Political Science and Law.
Chongqing Government Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship program to study in China, candidates must be a:
- citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
- high school graduates under the age of 25 when apply for the undergraduate programs;
- bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master programs;
- master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese government.
Applicants need to contact eligible universities or check their websites to have more information about the application details.
Please contact your chosen university or visit its website to follow instruction and submit your application. In general, the application process is as shown below:
Step 1: Fill the application form
Please click here to download the application form for the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship and fill it;
Step2: Apply at the chosen institution
Complete the online application procedure at your chosen Higher educational institution. Please choose while Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship applying, and upload all required documents (available in the system) including the completed Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship (step 1), and submit.
Application deadline varies per institution but usually fall around December – April. For example, the application deadline at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications is . For specific application deadlines, please contact the relevant Higher Educational Institutions in Chongqing.
Please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and the Chinese Government Scholarship for more information on scholarships to study in China. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.