Applicants are welcome to to submit their applications for the African Women’s Public Service Fellowship. The Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expands the opportunity for African women to impact public service in their home countries.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa. This fellowship is only available to degree-seeking students. Advanced professional certificate and non-degree programs are not applicable for this fellowship.
- Host Institution: New York University (NYU).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: The duration of the applicant’s program
- Target group: Open to Citizens and residents of African countries.
African Women’s Public Service Fellowship Benefits
The Fellowship provides Selected candidates with full tuition, fees, housing, travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
African Women’s Public Service Fellowship Eligibility
To apply for the Fellowship, applicants must meet following criteria:
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated commitment to public service
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance your ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in your home country and region
- Applicable to the following programs:
- MPA Public & Nonprofit Management & Policy
- MPA Health Policy & Management
- Master of Urban Planning
- EMPA Public Service Leaders
Interested applicants need to submit their Fellowship Application Essay along with their online application to NYU Wagner for Fall 2020. The Fellowship Application Essay is included in the fellowship section of the online application; there is not a separate application. Fellowship applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in the application in order to be considered.
Those selected as fellowship semi-finalists will be invited to participate in Skype interviews with the Fellowship Selection Committee in early-to-mid February 2020.
Applications are due by December 2, 2019 deadline.. For more detail on the African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, please visit the official page.