The Study in Canada Scholarships Program for International Students is now opened for application. This scholarship to study in Canada is available for international students from eligible countries to receive post-secondary education in Canada.
This Study in Canada Scholarships program main objective is to increase opportunities for post-secondary institutions across Canada to recruit international students from around the world. The scholarship program will provide short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Study in Canada scholarships program is facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between post-secondary institutions in Canada and eligible countries/territories. Candidates, must be registered as full-time students in their home institution at the time of application and during the entire duration of their study or research stay in Canada.
- Host Institutions: Colleges, technical/vocational institutes and universities in Canada.
- Eligible Program: The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open for all disciplines in Canadian institutions.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration: Up to six months.
- Eligible countries: The scholarship is open for citizens of the following countries: Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine.
Study in Canada Scholarships Benefits
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration of the study. The scholarship values are:
- Up to CAD 10,200 for college, Undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- Up to CAD 12,700 for Master’s and PhD students for a period of five to six months of study or research.
The scholarship will be used for the following eligible expenses
- visa and/or study/work permit fees;
- airfare, for the scholarship recipient only, to travel to Canada by the most direct and economical route and return airfare upon completion of the scholarship;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Study in Canada Scholarships Program Eligibility
To apply for this government scholarship program to study in Canada, candidates must:
- be citizens of one of the eligible countries;
- not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- be enrolled as a full-time student at post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.;
- not already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution;
- not already be participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada.
- 100+ Scholarships Offered by Canada Universities for All;
- 50 Governments Scholarships for International Students;
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students list;
- Top 25 Scholarships to Study in Asia.
How to Apply for Study in Canada Scholarships
Eligible applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship to study in North America should contact their home institution to:
- make their interest known;
- find out if there is an existing institutional collaboration or exchange agreement between their home institution and a Canadian institution;
- request information from their home institution about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian partner institution; and
- ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
Home institutions are responsible for identifying strong academic candidates who meet the admission requirements of the Canadian partner institution and for providing the candidates’ documents to the Canadian partner institution. Canadian institutions must apply on behalf of the candidate(s) by submitting the online application form and uploading all supporting documents prior to the deadline;
Scholarship recipients must begin their studies or research between August 1, 2022 and February 1, 2023. Please send all inquiries to: [email protected].
The deadline for Canadian institutions to submit online applications on behalf of candidates is . For more detail on the Study in Canada Scholarships Program for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.