The Study in Canada Scholarships Program for International Students is now open for application. The Study in Canada Scholarship is a program designed to support international students in obtaining a high-quality education in Canada. This scholarship is intended to help students from around the world overcome the financial barriers that may prevent them from studying in Canada. The scholarship program will provide short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate, and graduate levels.
The scholarship is awarded to students based on academic merit, financial need, and other factors. The Study in Canada scholarship program is facilitated through institutional collaborations and student exchange agreements between post-secondary institutions in Canada and eligible countries/territories. Candidates must be registered as full-time students in their home institution at the time of application and during the entire duration of their study or research stay in Canada.
One of the main benefits of studying in Canada is the opportunity to receive a world-class education from some of the top universities and colleges in the world. Canadian universities and colleges have a reputation for excellence and innovation in research and teaching. Additionally, Canada is a multicultural and diverse country, which allows international students to gain a unique perspective and experience while studying there. With a diverse population and a welcoming attitude, Canada offers a safe and comfortable environment for students from all over the world.
Another important benefit of the Study in Canada Scholarship is that it provides financial assistance to cover tuition and other expenses. This scholarship can help students to offset the costs associated with studying in Canada, such as tuition fees, accommodation, and other living expenses. With the help of this scholarship, students can focus on their studies and take advantage of the many opportunities available to them in Canada, such as internships, co-op programs, and research opportunities. Furthermore, Graduates from Canadian universities have the great benefit of getting a Work permit for a certain period after their graduation. This provides a valuable opportunity for them to gain work experience in their field of study and enhance their employability.
- Host Institutions: Colleges, technical/vocational institutes and universities in Canada.
- Eligible Program: The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open for all disciplines in Canadian institutions.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Duration: Up to six months.
- Eligible countries: The scholarship is open for citizens of the following countries: Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Türkiye, Uganda, Ukraine.
Also Check : Top Scholarships to Study in France (Currently Open)
Study in Canada Scholarships Benefits
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration of the study. The scholarship values are:
- Up to CAD 10,200 for college, Undergraduate students for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- Up to CAD 10,200 for Master’s and PhD students for a minimum of four months or one academic term of Study or research at the graduate level.
- Up to CAD 12,700 for Master’s and PhD students for a period of five to six months of study or research.
The scholarship will be used for the following eligible expenses
- visa and/or study/work permit fees;
- airfare, for the scholarship recipient only, to travel to Canada by the most direct and economical route and return airfare upon completion of the scholarship;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities, and food;
- ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Study in Canada Scholarships Program Eligibility
To apply for this government scholarship program to study in Canada, candidates must:
- be citizens of one of the eligible countries;
- not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.;
- not already enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution;
- not already be participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada.
- African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Scholarship;
- Government of Romania Scholarship;
- Taiwan Government Scholarship.
How to Apply for Study in Canada Scholarships
Eligible applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship to study in North America should contact their home institution to:
- find out if there is an existing institutional collaboration or exchange agreement between their home institution and a Canadian institution;
- request information from their home institution about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian partner institution; and
- ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
Home institutions are responsible for identifying strong academic candidates who meet the admission requirements of the Canadian partner institution and for providing the candidates’ documents to the Canadian partner institution. Canadian institutions must apply on behalf of the candidate(s) by submitting the online application form and uploading all supporting documents prior to the deadline;
Scholarship recipients must begin their studies or research between August 1, 2023 and February 1, 2024. Please send all inquiries to: [email protected].
The deadline for Canadian institutions to submit online applications on behalf of candidates is . For more detail on the Study in Canada Scholarships Program for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
I’m I’m Enoch Agbodeka. I’m a Ghanaian who finished my first degree last year
Pourquoi pas le Togo ?
I am a Ugandan National by the names Joshua Katagwa. I would love to do my university degree from your country. I have a diploma and a higher diploma in mechanical engineering from kyambogo university in my country. I will be greatful for your kind guidance and support.
My name is Goodluck Itua from Nigeria I have a diploma in business administration I am interested in studying in canada which happens to be my dream country, please how do I begin.
Salut cher administrateur mon nom c’est TARNO Esso-Niname Samuel j’aimerai faire partie des élus chanceux qui seront sélection pour votre programme de BOURSE s’il vous plais votre me fera le plus grand bien
Merci de votre compréhension
Bonjour j’aimerais bien étudier dans votre pays je suis en licence 2 dans mon pays le bénin mais pourquoi le bénin ne participe tel par à votre partage de bourse or le Nigeria juste à côté peut ?
Svp aidez nous autres à avoir cette chance merci bien
Hi, my name is Joyce Asante. I’m from Ghana and have my first degree. Please how do I begin application for masters program in Canada?
Hi my name Delight I want to apply for scholarship
My country South Sudan isn’t included yet I’m interested to apply
Hi, my name is Manga Quindoline Ijang. I am from Cameroon and it is not among the Countries mentioned. I finished college last here but could not continue this year because things are really tight for my parents and they can not afford sending me to school. It has always been my dream to study in Canada someday and when I saw this scholarship program, I was very happy and when I went through it, I discovered that Cameroon was not mentioned. I was very broke and almost gave up on it but I remembered A wise person once told me that, Giving up is not an option and so I believe and pray God help me touch your heart’s so you help me make my dreams come through. Please I will very happy if I be one of those chosen for this program and I promise you will never regrate chosing and helping be. Please how do I begin ???
I’m a undergraduate, I’m interesting in this scholarship, please help me out!!
Hi, my name is Abdulai Mohammed Fawzu. I am from Ghana and interested for this scholarship, I have completed college at E.P College of education Bimbilla(Ghana) 2017 and has not been able to further my education.I have always dream of studying in Canada but do not know how,I am sure Gud has shown me the way now and I cannot afford to loose this great opportunity.I would be very grateful if you could guide me on how to apply for this scholarship for my first degree program in Canada.