The UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is organized by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, under the World Heritage Education Programme, within the framework of the UNESCO/UNOCT project on the Prevention of Violent Extremism (PVE) through Youth Empowerment in Jordan, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia, co-funded by Canada. It is organized in collaboration with the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO).
The Forum will be held in Tunis, Tunisia, from 2 to 6 December 2019. The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peace building, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
The five-day Forum will gather up to 38 young professionals from the Arab States region, 2 representatives from each of the 19 countries (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen).
- Event: UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum.
- Number of awards: up to 38.
- Date: from 2 to 6 December 2019, in Tunis, Tunisia.
- Target group: Open to citizens of Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum Benefits
The UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019, in Tunis, Tunisia. The participants are expected to arrive on Sunday 1 December, remain available for the entire duration of the Forum until 6 December, included. All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum)
UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum Eligibility
In order to qualify for a place on the programme applicants must be:
- working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace;
- citizens of one of the 19 countries (check list above) in the Arab States region;
- between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- fluent in English;
- motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
All interested candidates are invited to complete the online application form by using the apply button below. Please note that candidates are also requested to attach their CVs, along with the application form. Gender and geographical diversity will be taken into account when making the selection of the participants, along with the diversity of professional backgrounds and experience. The selected applicants will be informed in the second half of October.
The deadline for the submission of applications is October 3rd, 2019 at 23:59 CET. For more detail on the UNESCO Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum, please visit the official page.