Applications are opened for the Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World. Through the Young Health Programme (YHP), AstraZeneca works to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life. Youth are at the heart of YHP’s activities providing young people with a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions.
This year, AstraZeneca is collaborating with One Young World to offer 21 scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany. In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit skills-building workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in Munich.
- Event: One Young World Summit.
- Number of awards: 21.
- Date: 14-17 October 2020.
- Venue: Munich, Germany.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World Benefits
Selected candidates for the AstraZeneca Young Health Scholarship will have following benefits:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
- Access to an exclusive Youth Health Programme pre-Summit workshop.
- Hotel accommodation in Munich on a shared basis between 12 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020.
- Return air or rail travel for scholars living outside of Germany.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner between 12 and 17 October.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues in Munich.
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out-of-pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit. These can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit.
- Reimbursement of Schengen visa application fee (if applicable).
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses connected with travelling to and from the Summit.
Note: scholars will be required to pay the visa application and insurance fees themselves. They will then be able to apply for a reimbursement from One Young World. Expenses will be reimbursed within three months of the Summit.
Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World Eligibility
The AstraZeneca Young Health Scholarship programme is looking for young leaders who are aged 18 – 30 and are able to demonstrate:
- Evidenced commitment to addressing health and well-being in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and/or social determinants of health programming.
- Leadership ability in championing and galvanizing stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- A capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven.
- Concern for local and global issues.
- Experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
You may also be eligible for the:
- One Young World Summit Leading Scholarships 2020 in Munich, Germany;
- ICANN Fellowship Program for ICANN69 in Germany;
- TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits in Germany;
- University of the Fraser Valley Scholarships in Canada;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students.
Eligible applicants must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their application.
Please fill out the form and submit it. Only applications written in English are accepted. If English is not your first language, consider reaching out to someone who can read through your application.
Application’s deadline is . For more detail on the Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World, please read Application Tips and visit the official page.