Launched in partnership with Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, the Women Startup Challenge is on a mission to close the funding gap and shakeup a culture and economy that’s made it exceedingly difficult for women to launch startups and raise capital.
Open for startups based in North America, the programme provides funding, mentoring, and other resources for women who are creating the most innovative tech companies to help scale their products. The 10th Women Startup Challenge will be cohosted by Google in in New York City, United States of America (USA).
- Event: Women Startup Challenge.
- Number of awards: 10 finalists chosen to win the grand prize.
- Date: June 17, 2020.
- Venue: New York City, United States of America.
- Eligible countries: Only startups based in North America can apply.
Women Startup Challenge Prizes
The Challenge will award following prizes:
- Grand Prize winner will receive a $50,000 cash grant (equity free).
- The W Fund is committing a $25,000 investment (after the fund completes its first close) and pending final due diligence on the chosen startup.
- All finalists will also receive pro-bono services, and participate in our Investor Mentoring Day where founders will meet one-on-one with several different investors.
Women Startup Challenge Eligibility
Startups located within North America that have at least one woman founder or co-founder, are using tech to rapidly scale and innovate, and have raised no more than $4 million are eligible to apply to the Challenge.
You may also be eligible for the:
- CREATE DAV Summer School In Canada.
- UNAOC Fellowship For EUNA And MENA Countries.
- UNESCO/ISEDC Russian Federation Co-Sponsored Fellowships;
- Estonian Government Scholarship For Short Courses;
- International Excellence Scholarship At London Brunel University.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Women Challenge, must Click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until . Finalists will be announced by April 13th, 2020. For more detail on the Challenge, please visit the official page.