Applications are now open for the ICANN80 Policy Forum in Kigali, Rwanda (Africa). The goal of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Fellowship Program is to strengthen the diversity of the multi-stakeholder model by fostering opportunities for individuals from underserved and underrepresented communities to become active participants in the ICANN community.
Fellows are exposed to the workings of the ICANN community, are assigned a mentor, and receive training across different areas of knowledge and skill building before, during, and after an ICANN Public Meeting. Travel assistance to attend the meeting is also provided.
- Event: ICANN80 Policy Forum in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Date: 10-13 June 2024.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Also Check : Radboud Encouragement Scholarship, 2024-2025
ICANN Fellowship Program Benefits
All travel, including airfare and accommodations, will be booked and paid for by the ICANN Fellowship Program. Any additional charges related to travel are the responsibility of the fellow. If the ICANN meeting is held virtually (due to the current health situation), the Fellowship Program will also be held virtually.
A stipend not to exceed 500 USD will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses (such as meals, transport to/from the airport, and incidentals). One-half of the allotted stipend will be provided to each participating fellow prior to the meeting; the second half of the stipend will be provided via wire transfer by ICANN upon successful completion of the ICANN Fellowship Program and submission of the post-meeting survey two weeks after the ICANN Meeting.
ICANN Fellowship Program Eligibility
Candidates from all regions and sectors are welcome to apply to the ICANN Fellowship Program.
Participants of the Fellowship Program must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN’s work in policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System, and the security and stability of the global Internet
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s); learn more here
- NOT be involved in or associated with other ICANN-supported travel programs at the time of selection;
- Policy Forum applicants must have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship;
- Have previously received no more than two fellowships; second- and third-time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities (learn more here).
Note : Returning fellows will be considered for the Tarek Kamel Fellowship Recognition. The award recognizes the outstanding contributions of fellows in furthering ICANN’s capacity development efforts in their respective regions.
ICANN Fellowship Program Requirements
Fellowship recipients are expected to:
- Engage in Fellowship Program Mentoring processes
- Complete additional required ICANN Learn courses
- Attend the ICANN Public Meeting and required activities, including but not limited to ICANN Fellowship sessions during the ICANN Meeting
- Network and interact with program alumni and community members
- Complete the post-meeting survey
Participants are encouraged to actively contribute to ICANN policy development processes and the Fellowship alumni network upon completion of the fellowship program.
How to Apply for ICANN80 Program
The application round for the ICANN80 has started. Please click on the application button below and follow the instructions to apply.
ICANN78 Annual General Meeting in Hamburg, Germany.
- ICANN Region: Europe;
- Meeting Dates: 21-26 October 2023;
- Opening of application round: 1 March 2023 at 23:59 UTC;
- Closing of application round: 31 March 2023 at 23:59 UTC;
- Announcement of selected Fellows: 24 June 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
ICANN79 Community Forum in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- ICANN Region: North America;
- Meeting Dates: 2-7 March 2024;
- Opening of application round: 18 July 2023 at 23:59 UTC;
- Closing of application round: 18 August 2023 at 23:59 UTC;
- Announcement of selected Fellows: 15 November 2023 at 23:59 UTC.
ICANN80 Policy Forum in Kigali, Rwanda.
- ICANN Region: Africa;
- Meeting Dates: 10-13 June 2024;
- Opening of application round: 16 November 2023 at 23:59 UTC;
- Closing of application round: 16 December 2023 at 23:59 UTC;
- Announcement of selected Fellows: 12 February 2024 at 23:59 UTC.
Candidates can only apply through the online application system during application periods. Got a question? Check out answers to frequently asked questions or contact the program at [email protected]. No information will be accepted after the application closes.
Note : The online application form must be written in English. If English is not your first language, you are encouraged to translate your responses into English for the application. Only those who have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship (Fellowship Alumni) are eligible to apply for a Policy Forum fellowship.
The application deadline for the ICANN80 Policy Forum in Kigali, Rwanda is . For more details on this program, please visit the official website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.