The goal of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Fellowship Program is to strengthen the diversity of the multi-stakeholder model by fostering opportunities for individuals from undeserved and underrepresented communities to become active participants in the ICANN community.
Fellows are exposed to the workings of the ICANN community, are assigned a mentor, and receive training across different areas of knowledge and skill building before, during, and after an ICANN Public Meeting. Travel assistance to attend the meeting is also provided.
- Event: ICANN68 Policy Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Number of awards: Around 45.
- Date: 22-25 June 2020.
- Target group: Open to all.
ICANN Fellowship Program Benefits
All travel including airfare and accommodations will be booked and paid for by the ICANN Fellowship Program. Any additional charges related to travel are the responsibility of the fellow.
A stipend not to exceed US $500.00 will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses (such as meals, transport to/from the airport, and incidentals). One half of the allotted stipend will be provided to each participating fellow prior to the meeting; the second half of the stipend will be provided via wire transfer by ICANN upon successful completion of the ICANN Fellowship Program and submission of the post-meeting survey two weeks after the ICANN Meeting.
ICANN Fellowship Program Eligibility
Candidates from all regions and sectors are welcome to apply to the ICANN Fellowship Program.
Participants of the Fellowship Program must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN’s work in policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System and the security and stability of the global Internet
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s); learn more here
- NOT be involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at time of selection;
- Policy Forum applicants must have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship;
- Have previously received no more than two fellowships; second and third time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities (learn more here).
ICANN Fellowship Program Requirements
Fellowship recipients are expected to:
- Engage in Fellowship Program Mentoring processes
- Complete additional required ICANN Learn courses
- Attend the ICANN Public Meeting and required activities, including but not limited to ICANN Fellowship sessions during the ICANN Meeting
- Network and interact with program alumni and community members
- Complete the post-meeting survey
Participants are encouraged to actively contribute to ICANN policy development processes and Fellowship alumni network upon completion of the Fellowship Program.
The application round for the ICANN68 will start on November 15, 2019. Click on the application button below to apply.
ICANN66 Annual General Meeting in Montréal, Canada
- ICANN Region: North America
- Meeting Dates: 2-7 November 2019
- Opening of application round: 11 March 2019 at 23:59 UTC
- Closing of application round: 11 April 2019 at 23:59 UTC
- Announcement of selected Fellows: 2 July 2019
ICANN67 Community Forum in Cancún, Mexico
- ICANN Region: Latin America
- Meeting Dates: 7-12 March 2020
- Opening of application round: 18 July 2019 at 23:59 UTC
- Closing of application round: 18 August 2019 at 23:59 UTC
- Announcement of selected Fellows: 8 November 2019
ICANN68 Policy Forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- ICANN Region: Asia Pacific
- Meeting Dates: 22-25 June 2020
- Opening of application round: 15 November 2019 at 23:59 UTC
- Closing of application round: 15 December 2019 at 23:59 UTC
- Announcement of selected Fellows: 20 February 2020
Note: Only those who have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship (Fellowship Alumni) are eligible to apply for a Policy Forum fellowship. For more information please check the program’s Frequently Asked Questions, Terms & Conditions, Selection Criteria, Selection Committee and visit the official page.