Applications for the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships for international students is now open. with the support of sponsors, the programme have been established by the Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva, to encourage outstanding and highly motivated international students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in a discipline covered by the Faculty. Candidate are selected basing on their achievements. Master’s degrees programs are either entirely in English, or in English and French.
- Host Institutions: University of Geneva.
- Field of study: Master degree courses offered by the Faculty of Sciences (astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences and the environment).
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Regular duration of the chosen Master’s program.
- Target group: Open to International students.
University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships Benefits
The University of Geneva Excellence Master scholarship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships Eligibility
Regardless of your home university, whether you have passed or are doing a brilliant bachelor degree, and that you are one of the best in your year, this program is for you. You must meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice.
Interested applicants must use the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications. The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships application is done in either English or French and must include following supporting documents in a form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to [email protected]) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
The deadline for submitting application is March 15th, 2020. For more detail on the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships in Switzerland, please visit the official page.