The Türkiye Diyanet Foundation Scholarship program is receiving applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship program is fully funded by the Diyanet foundation and is available for foreign nationals willing to study in Turkey. The scholarship is available for undergraduate, Master’s, and PhD programs in Islamic Theology (Basic Islamic Sciences, Philosophy, and Religious Studies, Islamic History, and Arts).
Turkish Diyanet Foundation scholarship program aims to contribute to the Islamic education of the Muslim communities, build cultural bridges between Turkey and related societies, and share experience in the field of Islam and Islamic education. The Türkiye Diyanet Foundation (TDV) is a non-profit organization established by the Presidency of Religious Affairs of Turkey, dedicated to promoting education, culture, and social services in Turkey and around the world.
The foundation supports various projects such as building and restoring mosques, providing scholarships for students, and publishing books and journals on Islamic studies. The foundation also runs a number of schools and educational centers, which provide education in various fields including Islamic studies, languages, and vocational training. Its mission is to foster the growth and development of an educated, responsible and productive Muslim community, and to promote the understanding of Islam and its values to the wider community.
- Host Institution: Partner institutions in Turkey. Please check the full list below.
- Field of Study: Islamic Theology (Basic Islamic Sciences, Philosophy and Religious Studies, Islamic History and Arts) in Turkey.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: The normal duration of the program.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship Benefits
The Türkiye Diyanet Foundation scholarship will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
Bachelor’s Degree Applicants
- Tuition Fees;
- Monthly allowance determined by the board at the beginning of every year;
- Health insurance;
- Round trip flight ticket at the beginning and the end of the program;
- Summer and Winter Camps;
- Library, Indoor and outdoor sports facilities;
- Extra-Curricular Activities
Master and PhD Applicants
- A monthly scholarship will be provided for 12 months per year,
- Students who request to stay in dormitories can be provided with accommodation support if their request is to be accepted. In this case, a 30 percent deduction is made from their scholarship support.
- Health insurance/healthcare expenses will be covered,
- Tuition and residence fees will be covered,
- Transportation costs of students who come from abroad will be covered for their first arrival and when they return to their countries after graduating from their program.
Students will be matriculated in one of the following universities located in Ankara Bursa İstanbul, Konya or Kayseri.
- Ankara University
- Ankara Social Sciences University
- İstanbul University
- Marmama University
- 29 Mayıs University
- Bursa Uludağ University
- Konya Necmettin Erbakan University
- Kayseri Erciyes University
Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
In order to apply for this foundation scholarship program for International Students, applicants must meet the following criteria.
Bachelor’s Degree Applicants
- Not hold Turkish citizenship or have lost Turkish citizenship for any reason;
- be born not earlier than 01.01.2002;
- Not to have any mental or physical health problem that may be an obstacle to studying in Turkey;
- have graduated from high school (equivalent to grade 12 in Turkey) with at least a good degree (70%) or be able to graduate in July 2023;
- Not having stopped studying for more than two years after high school;
- Have not been disciplined or convicted during their education in their country;
- Those who are previously Türkiye Diyanet Foundation students while he/she studying at any educational level can apply if his/her scholarship has not been ended by the Foundation;
- Those who are currently studying in Turkey cannot apply to TDF’s Islamic Studies Scholarship Program at the same level.
Master and PhD Applicants
To apply for Master’s or PhD international theology scholarship programs, candidates must:
- not be a citizen of the Republic of Turkey, (graduates from the International Theology License Program are excluded from this condition. These students have to apply with their foreign ID.)
- Age limit:
- not have reached the age of 30 since January 1st of the year in which the application is made, (be born after 01.01.1993) for Master students
- not have reached the age of 35 since January 1st of the year in which the application is made, (be born after 01.01.1988) got Ph.D. students
- not have paused academic education for a duration of more than two years between the Bachelor’s degree or the Master’s degree graduation and the acceptance to the postgraduate program,
- have a :
- bachelor’s degree thesis, (if the university the student graduated from offered a thesis program)- for Master applicants
- Master degree thesis – for PhD applicants
- have graduated from Divinity, Islamic Studies, or a program of equivalent value or to be able to graduate by the date of July 2023,
- not have any mental or physical health problems which would cause an obstacle to studies in Turkey,
- not have received any disciplinary punishments or convictions during previous periods of education,
- Students who graduated abroad require an internationally recognized language certificate, such as for
- English: TOEFL, IELTS, CPE, CAE, iBT, and PTE
- German: TestDaF, DSD II, TELC Deutsch and Goethe Institute
- French: DELF and DALF
- Italian: CELI
- Spanish: DELE
- Russian: TORFL
- Arabic: ALPT
- Foreign students who graduated in Turkey or will be able to graduate by the time of July 2023 are required to have reached a score of at least 50 in the YDS/YÖKDİL language exams which are organized by ÖSYM,
- Preferably, foreign students who graduated in Turkey or will be able to graduate by the time of July 2023 require to have reached a score of at least 55 in the ALES exam which is organized by ÖSYM,
- Preferably, to have published an internationally recognized edition.
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- Chinese Government Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Turkish Diyanet Foundation Scholarship
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship, must Click on the apply button below and follow the instructions to submit their applications.
After preliminary selection, interviews will take place in Turkish foreign missions such as embassies, consulates, coordination centers, or pre-determined schools.
The last day to submit your application is . For more detail on the Turkish Diyanet Foundation’s Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.