Applications are now opened for scholarships at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications for foreign students. The scholarship program aim to attract international students to study at CQUPT (Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications). The scholarships offer both fully funded and partial funding scheme and are open for non-Chinese citizens willing to study at Undergraduate, Master and PhD levels at the university.
For the 2021 – 2022 academic year, three types of scholarships are available: the Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program), the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship and the CQUPT President Scholarship.
- Host Institution: Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT) in China.
- Eligible Program: Fields of study available at the University.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Program duration.
- Target group: Open to all nationals except Chinese.
Scholarships at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications Benefits
Successful applicants for the Scholarship will have the following benefits depending on the type of scholarship they won:
Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program)
- Supporting Category: This scholarship only supports graduate students.
- Duration: This scholarship only supports Master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study.
- Scholarship Coverage: The Chinese University Program provides full and partial scholarships.
- Full scholarship: Tuition waiver, fee on-campus dormitory (twin room), comprehensive medical insurance and Stipend (Master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month; Doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month);
- Partial scholarship: one or some items of the full scholarship.
- Supporting Category: this scholarship only supports undergraduate and graduate students.
- Duration: the program supports graduate students for no more than 3 academic years or undergraduate students for no more than 4 academic years. It only covers major study, and does not include the Chinese Language/preparatory study.
- Scholarship Coverage:
- Doctoral students: 35,000RMB/year
- Master students: 30,000RMB/year
- bachelor’s degree Students: 25,000RMB/year.
- For Chinese Language students, undergraduate, Master’s students
- First class: master degree 10000 RMB, bachelor degree and Chinese language students 6000RMB;
- Second class: master degree 8000 RMB, bachelor degree and Chinese language students 4000RMB.
- Doctoral students
- Tuition Fee Waived;
- Free university dormitory（double Room);
- Stipend: 3500RMB/month.
Scholarships at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications Eligibility
To qualify for a scholarship at Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications Scholarship, Applicants must have the following profile:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Level of education and Age criteria: be a
- a high school graduates under the age of 25 when apply for the undergraduate programs;
- bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master programs;
- master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship.
You may also be eligible for the:
- Scholarships at Xi’an Jiaotong University in China;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at BIT for International Students;
- SCUT Chinese Government Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship EU Program.
To apply for a CSC Scholarship at the Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, applicants must follow steps below.
Step1: CSC Online Application
Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). The agency number of Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunication is 10617. Please Choose Program category — Category B, then submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy and sign it.
Step2: CQUPT Online Application
Complete the online application procedure at CQUPT International Student Service System: https://cqupt.17gz.org. Please choose your program: The Chinese government scholarship, and upload the required documents including the signed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (step 1), and then submit an online application form.
- Application Form for Study in CQUPT;
- Application Form for CSC scholarship (if applying for the Chinese Government Scholarship);
- Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship (if applying for the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship);
- Notarized highest diploma;
- Academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal;
- Two Recommendation Letters signed by a professor or an associate professor (only required for graduates applicants);
- Copy of valid Passport Page
- Non-criminal record
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form （photocopy)
- Papers or Articles Published or to be Published and the copy of valid Language Certificate (if available)
- If you are studying in China now, please provide the performance of your study issued by your university.
For any inquiry, please contact the scholarship provider with the following email addresses: [email protected]. The deadline to submit applications is . To know more about the Chinese Government Scholarship EU program, please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.