Application for the 2020-2021 Scholarship for Christian Young People in Hungary is now open. The core mission of the Scholarship is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
After completing their studies, the for Christian Young People holders Scholarship will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and thy will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improvement of social situation and preservation of culture of Christian communities.
Hungary provides high quality education and its degrees are recognized throughout Europe and beyond. Besides, the living costs is affordable within a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transportation. The country also has natural beauties combined with a 2000 year-old, rich Hungarian history and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Host Institutions: List of partner institutions.
- Field of Study: List of programmes available in this pdf file.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Bachelor programmes 2-4 years, Master programmes 1.5–2 years, One-tier master programmes 5–6 years, Doctoral programmes 2+2 years.
- Target group: Open to citizens of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
Scholarship for Christian Young People in Hungary Benefits
The Scholarship programme for Christian Young People in Hungary will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
- bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
Scholarship for Christian Young People in Hungary Eligibility
In order to apply for the Scholarship programme for Christian Young People in Hungary applicants must meet following criteria.
- The applicants must not have Hungarian citizenship or be a person granted a refugee status, temporary protection, subsidiary protection and humanitarian protection.
- Local Churches are to verify and prove that the applicant belongs to their religious community (List of Churches).
- Only applicants with recommendation from the local Church along with the approval of the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for Hungary Helps Programme will be awarded with the scholarship.
- Scholarship holders must possess the relevant language and education certificates, degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
- The scholarship holders commit themselves in the scholarship agreement that after the scholarship agreement ends they return to their home countries, if the local security and political conditions allow it so.
- Scholarships are for young applicants who are older than 18 years of age by the time their education starts in Hungary.
- Be a citizen of Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and Nigeria.
Note: The list of eligible countries may change as new partner churches, countries may join the programme.
You may also be eligible for:
- The Government Of Hungary Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship;
- Top Ten Scholarships For International Students After Christmas; and the
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship.
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the Scholarship for Christian Young People in Hungary must click on the apply button below, register for an account in order to have access to the application system. Please fill in required information and upload the necessary documents.
- Online application form (will need a recent photo of the applicant taken in the last 6 months);
- Motivation Letter (minimum 1 page, typed in Times New Roman 12 point letters);
- Approved Recommendation: Recommendation of the local Christian Church to be approved by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and for the Hungary Helps Programme.
- Proof of language proficiency;
- School certificates;
- Transcript of Records;
- Medical Certificate (not earlier than 15 November 2019);
- Copy of Identification;
- Research Plan: minimum 2 pages, typed in Times New Roman 12 point font size letters, written in the language of the selected study programme (Only for PhD Applicants);
- Statement of the Supervisor: Statement by the Supervisor at the proposed host institution stating that the supervisor will supervise the student’s work (Only for PhD Applicants);
- Letter of Recommendation: one signed Letter of Recommendation from the applicant’s former or current academic supervisor (Only for PhD Applicants);
- Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system;
Note: Only files with a maximum size of 4 MB can be uploaded in the system.
Please make sure that you:
- visit the website of the programme and your chosen Host Institutions for details about the entrance requirements of study programmes, curriculum and so on,
- provide precise contact details and make sure your e-mail address (or any other information) is not mistypes on your application form because all information – including the selection results – will be sent there,
- do not accidentally apply for the wrong study levels (e.g. master studies while you are a bachelor student) and do not apply to different study levels in one application
- the documents with the correct file formats are uploaded and the files can be opened,
- submit your application until the deadline;
- click on the “submit” button to submit your application after filling in all information and uploading documents
- write down and remember your login name, password and your e-mail address used and the application registration as these information will be useful later (e.g. for accepting the scholarship offer).
It’s highly recommended to
- increase your chances of getting admitted by applying for 2 different study programmes (in order of preference)
- not to use a hotmail or yahoo e-mail address when submitting your application in order to avoid any technical problems.
Note: Applications must be submitted by clicking on the “submit” button in the application system. Only saved applications will not be considered. No hard copies are required
The deadline for submitting applications January 31, 2020. For more detail on the Scholarship for Christian Young People in Hungary, please visit the official page.