Applications are now open for the DAAD Scholarship in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design. The program is open to graduates and young professionals from the fields of architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture, and regional planning as well as to graduates with other Bachelor’s degrees and with relevant professional experience. The philosophy is based on transnational learning exchange between students with different regional backgrounds applied to a specific urban reality
The M.Sc. IUSD Double Degree program covers a period of four semesters and is hosted and organized by the two partner universities (the University of Stuttgart and Ain Shams University) with the first year at Stuttgart University (Germany) and the second year at Ain Shams University (Egypt). Both Universities jointly supervise the master thesis in the fourth semester. Applicants who applied and got acceptance at both universities are eligible to participate in the Double Degree program.
Founded in 1829, The University of Stuttgart (Universität Stuttgart) is a leading research university located in Stuttgart, Germany. The University of Stuttgart is one of the leading technically oriented universities in Germany with global significance. The university promotes the transfer of knowledge and technologies to society in all their profile- and competence areas as well as their emerging fields. The „Stuttgarter Weg” (Stuttgart Way) means an interdisciplinary integration of engineering, natural sciences, humanities, management, economics and social sciences based on the fundamentals of cutting-edge research at a disciplinary level.
- Host Institutions: University of Stuttgart in Germany and Ain Shams University in Egypt.
- Field of study: Master of Science Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design (M.Sc. IUSD).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: normal duration of the program.
- Eligible countries: Opened to candidates from developing countries (Please click here to download the full list of eligible countries).
DAAD Scholarship in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design Benefits
The DAAD offers a limited number of full scholarships for students from a wide range of countries (see DAC-List) studying in the Double Degree Program.
The scholarships are provided through the EPOS program and cover the entire duration of the course (including travel costs to both countries). EPOS scholarships are only available for the Double Degree Program, studying the first year in Stuttgart, and second year in Cairo.
DAAD Scholarship in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design Eligibility
Applicants from all over the world with an internationally recognized Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in architecture, urban planning, landscape architecture, regional planning or civil engineering. Professionals with Bachelor’s degrees in geography, sociology, environmental management, political science or economics and cultural studies, Arabic, African or Islamic studies with relevant professional experience will also be considered but should also provide proof of relevant professional experience in fields related to architecture, urban and development planning or infrastructure design.
The Master’s program strongly encourages applications from young professionals working in public institutions, private sector, civil society initiatives, or NGOs all over the world who are interested in IUSD-related topics and who have a high level of interest in knowledge transfer and achieving a social benefit. The Admission Commission will give applicants with work expertise or equivalent internship experience preferential treatment.
To apply for this Europe scholarship, applicants are required to have at least two years of program related professional working experience after their bachelor’s degree.
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- Italian Government Scholarship for Foreign and Italian Citizens;
- CSA Group Graduate Scholarship To Study in Canada.
How to Apply for the DAAD Scholarship in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design
To apply for the EPOS supported IUSD Double Degree program, students need to follow the steps below.
- Click here to apply to the University of Stuttgart
- Click here to apply for the Ain Shams University
- To apply for the Scholarship, fill in the application form and send it with required documents to [email protected].
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate program(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that prove a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) ideally at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home. Please note: Certificate(s) of employment have to contain the exact period of employment (by date / day) and the date of issuing.
- Proof of Language Skills: English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
The complete application has to be submitted in English to be considered. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
The application deadline is . For more details on the DAAD Scholarship in Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design, please visit the university website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.