The KAUST Scholarship have been created to recruit highly qualified candidate both national and international to study at graduate level at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology scholarship is intended for Masters and PhD Students and awarded on a merit basis. The University currently hosts students from over 60 countries and has received applications from students attending more than 220 universities around the world.
Applicants do not need a faculty advisor before applying. Upon submission, MS/PhD and PhD applications will be reviewed by KAUST Admissions staff. Well-qualified candidates will be forwarded to their faculties which may contact them to discuss their suitability for the program and research at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia.
Founded in 2009, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a private research university located in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. KAUST is the first mixed-gender university campus in Saudi Arabia and use English as the official language of instruction for research and graduate programs. The university ranked 8th for the fastest rising young universities (aged 50 and under) in n 2019.
KAUST Scholarship Details
- Host Institution(s): King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia.
- Field: Available fields at the university.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: duration of student’s graduate studies.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
KAUST Scholarship Benefits
The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Scholarship provides support for successful applicants with the followings benefits, for the duration of their graduate studies:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowance (ranging between $20,000-30,000 annual, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs)
- Medical and dental coverage
- Relocation support
KAUST Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for the KAUST Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicants should have a Bachelor/Master’s degree in one of the fields of study related to the university’s academic curriculum.
- Applicants must meet all the entry requirements for Masters or PhD degree program.
- Scholarships are available for international students from any country.
- Scholarships are available for students commencing their studies in Spring and Fall 2020.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement but the average GPA of admitted students is 3.7 out of 4.0. The 3.7 average means some admitted students had a higher GPA and some admitted students had averages slightly lower than 3.7. The review committee bases their decision on your application as a whole.
- Applicants must meet the minimum English requirement; TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107.
- GRE is not mandatory, however it is encouraged and may enhance your application. KAUST admissions code is 4139.
- Government of Turkey Success Scholarship;
- MEXT Scholarship at Yokohama National University;
- University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- ENS International Selection Scholarship for All;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships.
To apply for the KAUST Scholarship, please click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit your application through the online platform. Prepare and upload following materials.
- Statement of purpose ;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) ;
- Official university transcripts ;
- Three letters of recommendation ;
- Statement of purpose ;
- Official TOEFL (min.79) or IELTS (min 6.0) English language proficiency score (A TOEFL or IELTS score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand.) ;
- Official GRE scores (GRE submission is strongly encouraged and will enhance your application, but it is not a compulsory requirement for consideration.) ;
Deadlines to apply for the KAUST Scholarship (Fall 2021 intake) are as follows: for the third round and for the fourth and last round. For more detail on the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.