Established by the Hubei Province, the Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship program has been created to attract international students to study at higher education institutions (HEIs) in the Hubei province. This China scholarship program aims to encourage outstanding international students to pursue higher education in Hubei by providing them with scholarships to cover tuition and accommodation fees.
The scholarship program also aims to make Hubei province institutions well known in the world. The program is open for international students who are currently enrolled or planning to attend Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Hubei Province to pursue a Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctoral degree, or as a general scholar. The list of HEIs in Hubei that are eligible to host international students under this scholarship scheme is provided below.
Hubei (湖北 – Húběi) is a province of the People’s Republic of China that is part of the Central China region. Its capital is Wuhan and its population is about 57,752,557 (2020). Hubei’s economy ranks 7th in the country and its nominal GDP for 2018 was 3.9 trillion yuan (US$595 billion) and a per capita of 66,799 RMB (US$10,099) in 2018, tripled since 2010. The province’s main agricultural products are rice, wheat, cotton, and tea, while industries include metallurgy, machinery, automobiles, power generation, textiles, foodstuffs, and high-tech commodities. The province shares borders with Jiangxi to the southeast, Henan to the north, Chongqing to the west, Anhui to the east, Shaanxi to the northwest, and Hunan to the south.
- Host Institutions: Higher Educational Institutions in Hubei, China. Please check the full list below.
- Fields of Study: Available fields at host institutions.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Duration of the candidate’s program.
- Target group: Open to Non-Chinese citizens.
Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship Benefits
This government scholarship can be used to cover tuition fees in principle. The provided scholarships values are shown below:
- Undergraduate Scholarship is 10,000 per year;
- Graduate Scholarship is 15,000 RMB per year;
- Doctorate scholarship is 20,000 RMB per year;
- General Scholar Scholarship is 5,000 RMB per 6 months or 10,000 per year;
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship (including visiting scholars, similarly hereinafter) is 10,000 per 6 months or 20,000 per year.
Eligible Host institutions for the Hubei Government Scholarship
The list of universities and institutions that are eligible to host foreign students under the Hubei Municipal Government Scholarship is as follows:
- Central China Normal University
- China Three Gorges University
- China University of Geosciences (Wuhan)
- Huazhong Agricultural University
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Hubei Institute of Fine Arts
- Hubei University
- Hubei University for Nationalities
- Hubei University of Automobile Technology
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine
- Hubei University of Economics
- Hubei University of Medicine
- Hubei University of Technology
- Jianghan University
- South-Central University for Nationalities
- Wuhan University of Technology
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology
- Wuhan Institute of Technology
- Wuhan Textile University
- Wuhan Polytechnic University
- Yangtze University
- Zhongnan University of Economics and Law
- Wuhan Institute of Physical Education
- Wuhan Conservatory of Music
- Wuhan University
Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship program to study in China, candidates should:
- be foreign citizens with valid passport and, should be friendly to China;
- be well-behaved, hardworking, grade excellent and in good health;
- not hold any financial aid from Chinese government or other organizations;
- Undergraduate scholarship applicants should be within average age of 25 years old and have obtained degree equal to Chinese High School Degree or above;
- Graduate Scholarship applicants should within the average of 30-year-old and have obtained bachelor degree;
- Doctoral Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 35 years old and have obtained Master’s degree;
- All General Scholar Scholarship applicants should be within the average age of 40 years old and Chinese language scholars should have obtained Higher School Degree or above, professional scholars should have obtained bachelor’s degree or above or should be university students in grade 2 or above;
- Advanced Scholar Scholarship applicants should have obtained master’s degree or above and associate professor title or above, and should be the average age of 50 years old;
- The requirement for applicants’ Chinese language proficiency to be decided in accord with the major to be learned and language of instruction.
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
- Top 25 Scholarships to Study in Asia;
- Top 30 Fully Funded Scholarships (Currently Open);
- Hohai University Scholarships for Foreign Students.
How to Apply for the Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship
Those who would like to apply for this Asia scholarship need to contact eligible universities or check their websites to have more information about the application details. Please contact your chosen university or visit its website to follow instruction and submit your application. In general, the application process is as shown below:
Step 1: Fill the application form
Please download and fill the appropriate application form for the Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship: Application Form of Hubei Provincial Scholarship for New Students or the Application Form of Hubei Provincial Scholarship for Registered students, who are currently studying at their host university.
Step2: Apply at the chosen institution
Complete the online application procedure at your chosen Higher educational institution. Please choose Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship while applying, and upload all required documents (available in the system) including the completed Application Form for Hubei Provincial Government Scholarship (step 1), and submit.
Applicants should provide related materials based on universities and colleges’ requirements. The following is the list of the basic materials:
- Application Form of Hubei Provincial Foreign Student Scholarship form (available on host institutions websites)
- Copy of Passport
- Notarized highest Diploma
- Notarized Transcript or Certificate of Job Title
- Letter of Recommendation and Health Certificate
- Other documents required by the host institution.
Applications are accepted by all universities and colleges between February and June. For specific application deadlines, please contact the relevant Higher Educational Institutions in Hubei. Please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and the Chinese Government Scholarship for further information on Chinese scholarships. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.