Applications are ongoing for the Elizabeth Greenshields scholarship program for artists at Laval University. The scholarship is offered by the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation and has been created to provide financial support to artists at the start of their careers who wish to develop the skills and abilities necessary for mastering traditional means of artistic expression in the fields of painting, drawing, sculpture or printing arts at Laval University (Quebec – Canada).
The scholarship will be offered to local and foreign students willing to enroll in an Undergraduate in Planning, architecture, art, design. The scholarship is also available for master’s and doctoral degree program in visual arts.
Université Laval is the sixth oldest university in Canada. It offers more than 500 undergraduate and graduate programs to more than 43,000 students. The university is also one of the ten largest Canadian universities in research with more than $300 million in research funds and international cooperation. In addition, it attracts more than 6,000 international students each year.
- Host institution: Laval University, Quebec – Canada.
- Fields of study: Undergraduate programs in Planning, architecture, art, design; Master’s and doctoral degree in plastic arts.
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: Three times.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities (Foreign students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents).
Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Program Benefits
Applicants selected for the Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Program will receive a first grant of $15,000 Canadian dollars, and a second and third grants of $18,000 Canadian dollars. Candidates must explain how they would use the full amount of the grant.
Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must be.
- in the early stage of their career, either as a student or as an emerging artist in the process of launching their career;
- least 18 years of age to be eligible to apply and may not be older than 41 years of age at the time of submitting their application for a first grant;
- Candidates who have previously received a grant may apply for a further grant after the age of 41, provided that they continue to meet all other eligibility requirements;
- of any nationality. There is no geographic, citizenship or residency requirements. Grants are available to eligible applicants from around the world.
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship;
- Pierre Borgeat Fund Scholarship to Study at Laval University;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships;
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
People interested in this scholarship to study in Canada must click on the “Apply” button below to create an account and follow the instructions to submit their applications.
NB: Applications submitted in any other way, whether by post, email or otherwise, will not be considered.
Applications are received throughout the year. There is no deadline for submitting an application. For more details on the Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship Program for artists at Laval University, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.