Applications are opened for admission to graduate programs at the Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology for the next semester intakes. DGIST Scholarship for Graduate Students are awarded to admitted Korean and international students in graduate programs. Candidates who would like to benefit from this scholarship should apply and get admitted to one of the university’s graduate program.
The scholarship is fully-funded and available for studies in a wide range of programs (science, engineering and technology) offered by the university. Candidates can choose to study in a Master, PhD, or Integrated MS-PhD degree program.
Founded in 2004 by the Korean government, the Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST) is a research-oriented university that is located in Daegu Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea. The institution is one of the leading research institutions in the country. DGIST has 6,000 Global Leaders for the Humanity, 10 Centers of Excellence, 50 World-leading Scholars and Scientists, and 5 Unicorn Startups 200 Research Institute Companies.
- Host institution: The Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST), South Korea.
- Field of Studies: Emerging Material Sciences, Information and Communication Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Energy Science and Engineering, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, New Biology, Interdisciplinary Engineering.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Master’s program (4 semesters), Doctoral Program (6 semesters), or MS-Ph.D Program (10 semesters).
- Eligible countries: Open to All nationalities.
DGIST Scholarship for Graduate Students Benefits
Selected candidates for the DGIST scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Tuition : 7,000,000 KRW
- M.S. programs: A minimum of 15,000,000 KRW / year
- Ph.D. programs : A minimum of 22,000,000 KRW / year
- DGIST Presidential Fellowship :
- Admitted students are eligible for DGIST Presidential Fellowship. Application must be made by students before registration and recipients will be selected according to DGIST selection criteria
- A special scholarship of 3,000,000 KRW / semester is awarded to selected recipients (Master program : 4 semesters, Integrated or PhD program : 8 semesters).
- Housing on campus is available for graduate students (Single room, double room, apartment for married students)
- Single room 200,000 KRW/month
- Double room 150,000 KRW/month
- Apartment for married students 300,000 KRW/month.
DGIST Scholarship for Graduate Students Eligibility
To benefit from this scholarship, applicants must get admitted to a graduate program at DGIST. Therefore, applicants must:
- Meet admission requirements of their respective department;
- A research project is required for receiving stipend;
- Master program applicants must be candidates who have a bachelor’s degree or are expected to complete their bachelor’s degrees by February 2022;
- PhD program applicants must be candidates who have a master’s degree or are expected to complete their master’s degrees by February 2022;
- English language requirements (optional).
You may also be eligible for the:
- KAIST International Graduate Students Scholarship;
- GIST Scholarships for Graduate Students to Study in South Korea;
- University of Science and Technology Scholarship to Study in South Korea;
- Korean Government Scholarship (GKS) For International Students.
Admitted graduate students at the Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology are awarded DGIST scholarships. Hence, interested applicant must follow steps below to get admitted and automatically benefit from DGIST scholarships.
- Make sure you meet your program requirements
- Prepare all required documents
- Hit the apply button below to sign up and submit the online application.
- Send all required documents by email to : [email protected]. All documents must be written in English. Documents 3 to 8 must be in PDF format and submitted by email. Documents 1 and 2 should be submitted online through the apply button below.
- Online application form
- Statement of purpose. While filling the online form, candidates will need to answer the following questions:
- Describe your medium and long-term vision as a researcher and motivations for pursuing a graduate degree in your chosen program of study at DGIST.
- Discuss your research interest, its significance and future plans for it.
- Write your relevant (1) academic and (2) research experiences, (3) achievements related to your applying field.
- Describe experiences solving problems or conflict while participating in volunteering works and extracurricular activities.
- Degree Certificate (either completed or to be completed)
- Official Transcript.
- Application fee of 80 USD / 80,000 KRW
- English Proficiency Certificate such as TOEIC, TOEFL IBT, TOEFL CBT, TOEFL PBT, IELTS, TEPS, New TEPS etc. No minimum score is required for application (optional).
- Other certificates that show the applicant’s competences and potentials (optional)
- Evaluation forms (optional).
The deadline to submit applications for the Spring I 2022 is . For more information on the DGIST Scholarship for Graduate Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.