Candidates are invited to apply for the 2020 Coimbra Group Scholarship European Neighbourhood Programme. The Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood offer short-term visits to young researchers from higher education institutions from countries in the European Neighborhood.
The main objective of the scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them establish academic and research contacts. The Coimbra Group Scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
- Host Institutions: University of Granada (Spain), Karl Franz University of Graz (Austria), University of Heidelberg (Germany), Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi (Romania), Jagiellonian University Krakow (Poland), KU Leuven (Belgium), University of Padova (Italy), University of Poitiers (France), University of Salamanca (Spain), University of Siena (Italy).
- Eligible Research Fields: All field are accepted but sometimes restricted to fields offered by chosen University.
- Number of Awards: 16.
- Duration: up to 3 months.
- Eligible countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo1, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Russia, Serbia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Coimbra Group Scholarship European Neighbourhood Programme Benefits
The Scholarship may consist of one or many of the following items, depending on the host university.
- Amount of money(from 800 to 3200 Euro)
- travel costs
- health insurance
Coimbra Group Scholarship European Neighbourhood Programme Eligibility
Those who want to apply for the Coimbra Scholarship must be:
- born on or after 1 January 1985;
- nationals of and current residents in one of the above-listed countries;
- current academic staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution located in one of the above-listed countries;
- of postdoctoral or equivalent status, although some institutions may offer opportunities to doctoral students.
In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities it is possible to use English as the working language.
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood must follow instuctions below:
- Applicants must fill in the on-line application form before 31 March 2020 midnight (Brussels time).
- Candidates will be able to select one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Applicants should identify a research supervisor in the host university (through the website of the university of choice or by contacting the contact at the university of your choice).
- You should provide his/her contact details in the application form.
- submit a letter/e-mail of acceptance together with their application form which proves that the candidate has been accepted to carry out research under his/her supervision.
- Applications which do not fulfill this requirement will not be considered.
- Information should be submitted in English.
The deadline for submitting your application for the Coimbra Group Scholarship European Neighbourhood Programme has been extended to . For more details about scholarships per universities and benefits, please read 2020 brochure and visit the official page.