The Goethe Goes Global scholarship for master’s programmes is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. In this programme, up to 20 scholarships are awarded per year for consecutive master’s degree programmes.
The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career and support you during your master’s studies. A master’s degree is the prerequisite for starting a PhD in one of the research units at Goethe University. This could contribute to your career as an outstanding researcher and specialist in your field.
Field of study and Host Institutions:
Master’s programmes offered at Goethe University.
Number of Awards: up to 20
Open to all.
- A monthly scholarship amount of 1,000€ for the standard period of a master’s programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
- Support and orientation from an experienced master’s student buddy during your studies
- Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at the Graduate Academy (GRADE), normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
- Access to an innovative research environment and networks that connect you with fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
- Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
- Insight and involvement in the activities of multidisciplinary research groups at Goethe University
- You hold or are on track to obtain an excellent bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany
- You’re looking for an interesting master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run
- You seek a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your master’s programme
- You’re well versed in your academic discipline and are particularly interested in research
- You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about
- You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities
- You are highly motivated to conduct research
- Then you’re eligible to apply.
Because the scholarship application is a part of the master’s programme application, you must first start an application for your desired programme. Please click on your desired programme on this page and follow instructions. Most programmes require an online application via uni-assist and some require you to apply directly through the responsible department. This means you either follow procedure number 1 or number 2 down below, depending on the programme you choose.
- For programmes that require an online application via uni-assist, the scholarship application is found within the master’s programme application. All required documents for the scholarship application must be submitted online. No hard copies neccessary OR
- For programmes that require you to apply directly through their department, you can submit your scholarship application along with your master’s programme application to the department.
- A motivation form(please use the provided template!)
- A comprehensive CV Please submit it in tabular form (if a CV was already submitted with the master’s programme application, you do not need to hand in another one)
- Two recommendation forms They must be filled out by professors or other academic staff. Please use the provided template for the recommendationforms.