The Faculty of Engineering at Université de Sherbrooke has created a competition that fits perfectly with its bold and creative mission. Female doctoral candidates and young doctoral graduates can now participate in the Claire-Deschênes Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition. The goal of the Claire-Deschênes Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition is to promote postdoctoral training for women who will also be offered a professorship position in engineering at Université de Sherbrooke.
Submit your application and you could get one of the four Postdoctoral grants from phase 2 ($40,000 / year, up to 2 years), each attached to a teaching position at the University of Sherbrooke. In total, eight scholarships will have been awarded. Four were awarded during phase 1 of the Competition.
- Host institution: Université de Sherbrooke, Canada.
- Fields of study: Building engineering, chemical engineering, computer engineering, robotics engineering.
- Number of seats: 4.
- Duration: The Université de Sherbrooke undertakes to financially support the postdoctoral internship of each laureate for a period of up to two years. The terms and conditions surrounding the amount of each scholarship aim to ensure that each recipient has a minimum of $40,000 / year to complete her postdoctoral fellowship.
- Target group: Open to female candidates of all nationalities. If the candidate does not hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, certain immigration documents may be required.
Benefits of the Claire-Deschênes Postdoctoral Fellowships Competition
Submit your application, and you could be awarded one of the four Phase 2 postdoctoral fellowships ($40,000/year, up to 2 years) each attached to a professorship at the Université de Sherbrooke. In total, eight scholarships will have been awarded. Four were awarded during phase 1 of the Competition.
Eligibility for the Claire-Deschênes Postdoctoral Fellowship Competition
To apply for this scholarship program in North America, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- The Competition is open to all women wishing to do a postdoctoral internship to then undertake a teaching career in engineering, at the University of Sherbrooke;
- It is important to remember that the Université de Sherbrooke is French-speaking, so applicants must master French or commit to learning it;
- When submitting their application, applicants must be registered in a doctoral program and must have passed their comprehensive doctoral examination;
- Applicants who have completed their doctoral studies within the past two years are also eligible;
- The doctoral and postdoctoral studies of each candidate must be carried out in different institutions;
- While respecting the objectives of equity and diversity, career breaks due to parental, medical or family leave will be taken into account when evaluating applications. Applicants are therefore encouraged to identify these periods in their curriculum vitae or cover letter;
- If the candidate does not hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence, certain immigration documents may be required.
How to Apply for Claire-Deschênes Fellowships
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for Claire-Deschênes postdoctoral fellowships must send their duly completed application files with the required documents by email to: Bourses-Claire-Deschenes@USherbrooke.ca.
- a curriculum vitae;
- official transcripts of university studies;
- a cover letter;
- an outline of postdoctoral research (planned or in progress);
- offprints of the most relevant recent contributions;
- two letters of recommendation directly from the signatories;
- a checklist, with each item verified and checked off.
For any information, please send your requests to: Bourses-Claire-Deschenes@USherbrooke.ca.
The application deadline is . For more information on the Grand Claire-Deschênes Postdoctoral Fellowships Competition, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.