Applications for the 2021 Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University for international students will soon be opened. The Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program) is established by the Ministry of Education of China and aims to support students and scholars from all over the world to conduct their study and research at Chinese universities. The Nanjing University scholarship is fully funded and open for full-time studies at Undergraduates (bilateral programs), master’s and PhD degree levels.
Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education. NJU consists of 3 campuses and has 28 Schools and Departments. Currently, it hosts over 30,000 students, offering 86 Undergraduate programs, 27 master programs and 23 professional master programs, 44 doctoral programs and 38 postdoctoral research stations.
- Host Institution: Nanjing University (NJU) in China.
- Field of Study: Available fields at the university.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Undergraduates (2-3 years), Master’s Degree program (2-3 years), Doctoral Degree program (3-4 years).
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University Benefits
The Nanjing University CSC scholarship will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- A monthly stipend of RMB 2,500, RMB 3,000 and RMB 3,500 for undergraduate, master’s and PhD degree students, respectively;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for the entire duration of the scholarship.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University Eligibility
In order to apply for the Nanjing University CSC scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- be a non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- NOT be a registered student in a Chinese university at the time of application or graduated from a Chinese university in less than one year ago.
- Education background and age limit:
- doctoral degree programs applicants must be under 40 years old and have a master’s degree.
- master’s degree programs applicants must be under the age of 35 and have a bachelor’s degree.
- undergraduate degree programs applicants must be under 25 years old and have a bachelor’s degree.
- not be beneficiary of any other scholarship.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants for Chinese-taught programs in Science must have the new HSK level 4 and the new HSK level5 of Liberal Arts;
- There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score 90 or IELTS test score 6.5 (or above).
You may also be eligible for the:
- Chinese Government Scholarship at BIT for International Students;
- SCUT Chinese Government Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship EU Program;
- ANSO Scholarship for International Students in China;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University Application instructions
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this Government Scholarship to study in Asia, must follow steps below:
Step 1: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose program Type B. The Agency No. of Nanjing University is 10284. Please read the CSC Scholarship Application Steps and Required Documents for more details.
Step 2: Nanjing University online registration
Create an account, fill in and submit the Nanjing University Application. For the program type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”. After filling the form, please click the “submit” button, print out the application form, and sign on it.
Step 3: Application Submission
Thix year, the application process does not require sending hard copies of application materials to the university. You just need to apply online following steps 1 and 2.
- The CSC online application form printed and signed;
- The Nanjing University online application form printed and signed;
- A photocopy of passport;
- Highest degree certificate, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they must also provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide their undergraduate transcripts, and those for doctoral degree studies need to provide their undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- Copy of the new HSK test certificate (for the Chinese-taught programs) or IELTS/TOEFL test result (for the English-taught programs);
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter) ;
- List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & copies of representative papers or abstracts of articles (no more than 3 copies);
- Detailed proposal for study and research in China;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (filled in English);
- Applicants for the PhD programs also need to supply the abstract of their master-program’s graduation dissertation.
Note: All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English.
For any further inquiries, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator (Ms. Zhong Qiaorui) at:
Institute for International Students
RM. 514 Zeng Xianzi Building,
18 Jinyin Street, Nanjing 210008, China
Email: [email protected].
The application process will start from to . To know more about the Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University, please read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.