Applications for the 2021-2022 Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University for international students is now open. The Chinese Government Scholarship (Chinese University Program) is established by the Ministry of Education of China, aiming to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China’s higher education. This scholarship program to study in China is fully funded and opened for full-time studies at master and PhD degree levels at Lanzhou University.
Founded in 1909, Lanzhou University (LZU; 蘭州大學 – Lánzhōu Dàxué) is a major research university directly under the Ministry of Education in China that is located in Lanzhou, Gansu, China. It provides programs for Undergraduate, graduate students on four campuses—three in Lanzhou city centre and one in Yuzhong County, about 30 miles away from the main campus.
The university provides a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines. Currently, a total of 13 disciplines including chemistry, physics, materials science, earth science, plant zoology, mathematics, engineering, biology and biochemistry, environment and ecology, clinical medicine, medicine and toxicology, agricultural science and social science has entered the top 1% of ESI. Lanzhou University is among the Designated Chinese Universities that can host Chinese Government Scholarship holders.
- Host Institution: Lanzhou University (LZU) in China.
- Field of Study: Available fields at the university.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: Up to 4 years.
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University Benefits
This Chinese Government Scholarship is and fully funded will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend: Granted in accordance with the relevant standard;
- For Master’s: RMB 3,000/Month
- For Doctoral candidate: RMB 3,500/Month.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
PS: Students need to buy third-party liability insurance for RMB 100/semester or RMB 200/year themselves.
Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University Eligibility
In order to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- be a non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Have good grades and outstanding scientific research ability
- Not accept other scholarships
- Applicants apply Chinese taught programs require HSK Level4 180 or above (certificate is valid for 2 years)
- Applicants apply English taught programs require IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 80 or other proof of their English proficiency, native English speakers do not require certificate of English proficiency.
- NMG-NJUST Joint Scholarship for International Students;
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics CSC Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Tsinghua University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Nanjing University.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University, must follow steps below:
Step 1: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose program Type B. The agent No. of Lanzhou University is 10730. Please download the CSC application form after registration and take note of the CSC serial number.
Step 2: Lanzhou University online registration
Create an account, fill in and submit the application form via the Lanzhou University online application system.
Hard copy is no longer required this year. Fill in correct email address and check your email frequently, Lanzhou University will contact you through email for future interviews.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Original forms must be presented when you come to register. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. In view of the fact that the inspection result is valid for 6 months, the applicant shall determine the time for the medical examination.
- Notarized version of diploma and degree (Bachelor’s and above) Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation. The original certificate must be presented when you come to register.
- Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors.
- Copy or copies of any award or research can be presented to show your personal talents or achievements.
- Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- Certificate of English or Chinese proficiency.
- Copies of applicant’s valid passport, applicants in China also need to provide a copy of the current valid visa page or residence permit page.
- Materials above (Original one) should be scanned and uploaded to the system. Unclear or incomplete materials are not accepted.
Note: All documents must be in Chinese or English. Therefore, all documents in other languages must be attached with their notarized translation in Chinese or English.
The deadline for submitting the application is . For more detail on the Chinese Government Scholarship at Lanzhou University, please visit read the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.