Applications are currently being received for the Canon Collins Trust Scholarships. The program aims to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern African countries.
The scholarship program will then allows selected candidates to have a postgraduate education, a necessity while working to create an open and just society. The scholarships are offered in Justice (which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment), Education (policy and practice), Humanities (includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts).
This year, due to the global health situation and funding availability, the program will only support studies in Education (improving quality of education and access to education in Southern Africa) for selected countries in Southern Africa.
- Host institution: universities in South Africa.
- Field of Study:Improving quality of education and access to education in Southern Africa.
- Number of awards:Not specified.
- Duration: up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD.
- Target group: Open to nationals and refugee status holders of Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia.
Canon Collins Trust Scholarships Benefits
In 2020, the value of the Canon Collins Trust Scholarships package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. The program support both full and part-time study as well as distance learning.
The program also organizes an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for Ros Moger and Terry Furlong and Sol Plaatje Canon Collins Scholarships.
Canon Collins Trust Scholarships Eligibility
To apply for the Trust Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia;
- normally resident in one of the above countries;
- in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
- studying or applying to study at a South African university.
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African women;
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans with SA-GER CDR;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Elizabeth Greenshields Scholarship at Laval University;
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship.
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications. Your application must be submitted in English.
Applications deadline for Autumn intake is . For more detail on the Canon Collins Trust Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.