Application are being received for the 2020-2021 Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP). These Scholarship are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a research Master’s degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- Host institution: Flinders University in Australia.
- Fields of Study: Available Research areas at Flinders University.
- Duration: up to 3 years for PhD and up to 2 years for Master’s degree.
- Number of Awards: up to 10.
- Target group: Open to citizens of any country other than Australia and New Zealand.
Australian Government Research Training Program Benefits
This Research Training Program enable suitably qualified applicants to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research and provides following benefits:
- International student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- International tuition fee offset, a living stipend paid at the rate of $28,092 (2020 rate), which is tax exempt and indexed annually, and Overseas Health Care cover.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Australian Government Research Training Program Eligibility
To be eligible for an AGRTPS, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- successfully completed a degree comparable with an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence (see English language requirements for full details)
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- DRD Scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans with SA-GER CDR;
- KAUST Scholarship 2020 for Master and PhD Students;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships (Master, PhD, Research).
Eligible applicants should click on the apply button below and follow instructions to apply. Any questions about the application process should be directed to the Student Finance Office via email at [email protected] while any questions about the candidature application process should be directed to the International Centre via email at [email protected].
- Academic transcripts of all university study attempted and completed
- English language test results;
- Translations (where appropriate);
- Publications (up to five may be provided) each with a completed coversheet;
- A Research Project Outline, approximately 500 words in length;
- A brief outline of your research experience, and
- Email evidence of your supervisor’s agreement to supervise.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Australian Government Research Training Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.