Application for the Ampère Excellence Scholarship for International Students, offered by the “École Normale Supérieure de Lyon” (ENS de Lyon) is now open. The ENS de Lyon and its partners offer the Ampère Excellence Scholarship for outstanding international students to enroll in its Master’s programs in the Exact Sciences, the Arts, and Human and Social Sciences (except FEADép Master’s programs).
Founded in 1880, the École Normale Supérieure de Lyon is a French public institution that is dedicated to training professors, researchers, senior civil servants as well as business and political leaders. Students choose their courses and split their time between training and research into sciences and humanities. The ENS de Lyon is part of the Université de Lyon and supports quality research that has earned it a Fields medal (Cedric Villani, 2010) and many CNRS medals.
Lyon is France’s second-biggest city in terms of the student population (130,000), including 15,000 international students. Do not forget to check out the following lists that provide thousands of other scholarships: the top 28 Scholarships to Study in Europe, top Scholarships and Opportunities that are Currently Opened, the top 45+ Scholarships to Study in Canada and the Universities Scholarships for International Students.
- Host Institution: École Normale Supérieure de Lyon (ENS de Lyon) in France.
- Field of Study: All Master’s programs (except FEADép Master’s programs).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to two academic years.
- Target group: Open to all.
Ampère Excellence Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates for the this university scholarship will be provided with an amount of 1,000€ a month for one or two academic years.
Ampère Excellence Scholarship Eligibility
In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must be international students who meet admission requirements of their chosen programs. More details are available on the official page.
- Sophie Germain Master Scholarship in France;
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship;
- University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- 50 Governments Scholarships for International Students;
- 100+ Scholarships Offered by Canada Universities for All.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
- All candidates:
- If you are applying for a Master’s program in the Arts, Humanities, Languages or Social Sciences:
- a summary of your research project in French (3 pages maximum) the reasons underlying the choice, the justification in relation to previous research in the same field (whether personal or not), methodological direction, an indicative bibliography, a list of personal publications or participation in colloquial (if applicable);
- a certificate of Proficiency in French: DALF, DELF, TCF. If you are coming from a French-speaking country (see List of officially French-speaking countries), you can join a letter in French that explain this part;
- If you are applying for admission in the Exact Sciences: a certificate of Proficiency in French (DALF, DELF, TCF) and in English (IELTS or TOEFL). If you don’t speak French, please join a letter stating this point.
Note: The application form allows you to candidate for admission in a master with a scholarship of excellence. You do not have to apply via CADENS. if your application is accepted, you will receive a letter of pre-enrolment and the steps to be followed for enrolment. All information about language proficiency requirements (French and/or English) and documents to provide are available on this page. No exceptions are accepted on this subject.
The deadline to submit applications is . For more detail on the Ampère Excellence Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.