Applications for the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program 2023-2025 is now open. The program is aimed at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities, and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, this fellowship program requires candidates to have High leadership potential, strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality, a high level of dedication, commitment, target orientation, and a strong capacity for teamwork. The program begins with German language and cultural integration courses to prepare the fellows for their stay in Germany. The fellows also get an opportunity to visit cultural heritage sites within Germany.
The program AFRIKA KOMMT brings together the most visionary young leaders from Africa and German companies. Companies benefit from the expertise, knowledge, local network, and unique African perspective of young professionals. The African fellows dive deep into the German corporate specifics, German business spirit, and the German culture.
- Placement: Leading German enterprises.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: One-year in German.
- Target group: Open to Africans.
Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program Benefits
The Afrika Kommt Fellowship is a fully funded program that offer selected candidates the following benefits:
- Language course
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany;
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Professional Fellowship in Partner Company
- 8-month fellowship in the partner company
- training and mentoring provided by the partner company
- International management training courses
- Study tour
- Weekend seminars
- Alumni activities
- Refresher course in Germany or Africa, including management training
- Alumni networking activities
- Support for alumni projects
- Travelling expenses
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance or salary
- Monthly living allowance of € 750 (month 1-3, month 12);
- Monthly salary during the internship in a company of approximatively € 1.500 gross;
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000 for settling back into your home country;
- Accommodation: Accommodation during all stages of the program in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water, and other charges)
- Health insurance during months 1-3 and month 12
- Accident and liability insurance
- Certificate: AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship program. You will receive two certificates: One official certificate upon successful completion of the program with a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training and a certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH by successful completion of the professional training in the tool “International Competence Development Journal”.
Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program Eligibility
In order to apply for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Citizen of a country in Africa;
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles);
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage;
- Two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage;
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit.
Additional Selection Criteria
In addition to the above technical and educational requirements, you should also have the following skills and attributes:
Language and communication skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
- High level of enthusiasm, flexibility, and resilience
- Open mindset
- Outstanding intercultural competencies
- Ability to adapt to new environments quickly
- Ability to reflect own behavior and bias
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany.
Why Participate in the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program?
Please watch the video below for a visual insight of the program.
How to Apply for the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program?
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this Europe opportunity must follow steps below.
Check the general candidate requirements to see if you fit the criteria and if you are eligible for the program?
Check the available fellowship placements and required profiles for the new intake of AFRIKA KOMMT!. Your application will be considered for the AFRIKA KOMMT! program as a whole, however, you are asked to select a maximum of 2 profiles in the application form and to give reasons for your choice.
Click on the apply button below to create an account and fill in the application form in English. Applications in other languages will not be considered. In addition to filling in the application form, you will be asked to upload a short presentation about your motivation, an idea for a change initiative, a photo, and your certificates. Think of an idea for a change initiative that you would like to implement in your country. You will be asked four questions about your idea in the application form.
Submit your application before the application deadline. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
The deadline to apply for this program is . For more details on the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
hello sir/madam i am hadush from Ethiopia and i will graduate in food engineering after three months from Addis Ababa science and technology university and i went to apply for masters programs but i have one question how can apply ? there is no clear application form in the page that i seen . please can you send the application form in to my email .
I am Dominic From Nigeria, i would like to join your group to enable me gain international experience ..
i would look forward to hear from you.
Dominic Anthony Taiwo
Thanks for the opportunity given to me.
i would look forward to hear from you soon.
This is really a percious opporunity for me tank you, but I am wondering when will it start ?
This is a great opportunity. Thank you to the organizers and creators.
I have applied and wish to be part of this fellowship.