Applications for the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program 2021-2023 is now open. The program is aimed at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, the program requires candidates to have High leadership potential, strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality, high level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation and a strong capacity for teamwork. The program begins with German language and cultural integration courses to prepare the fellows for their stay in Germany. The fellows also get an opportunity to visit cultural heritage sites within Germany.
The program AFRIKA KOMMT brings together the most visionary young leaders from Africa and German companies. Companies benefit from the expertise, knowledge, local network and unique African perspective of the young professionals. The African fellows dive deep into the German corporate specifics, German business spirit and the German culture.
- Placement: Leading German enterprises.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: One-year in German.
- Target group: Open to Africans.
Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program Benefits
The Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Language course:
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany;
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Travelling expenses:
- Visa for Germany for one year;
- Round trip airfare from your hometown to Germany and back;
- Travel to refresher course and back;
- Program-related travelling expenses in Germany;
- Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase:
- Monthly living allowance;
- One-off relocation fee;
- Monthly salary during the internship phase;
- Accommodation: Accommodation during all stages of the program in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges);
- Insurance: Health, accident and liability insurance;
- Training: International management training courses and study tour and weekend seminars in Germany;
- Alumni activities;
Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program Eligibility
In order to apply for the program, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Citizen of a country in Africa;
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles);
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage;
- Two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage;
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit.
Why Participate in the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program?
Please watch the video below for a visual insight of the program.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the program must check the available placements and required profiles in the Application Guide and click the apply button below to submit their application.
The deadline to apply has been extended to . Applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible. For more details on the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Program, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.