Applications for the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Programme 2020 – 2022 is now open. The programme is aimed at highly qualified, self-driven young professionals and junior executives from Africa with several years of hands-on work experience, strong leadership qualities and a very high level of commitment and dedication.
Besides the specific technical expertise relevant to the partner company, the programme requires candidates to have High leadership potential, strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality, high level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation and a strong capacity for teamwork.
- Placement: Leading German enterprises.
- Number of awards: Not Specified.
- Duration: One-year in Germany.
- Target group: Open to Africans.
Afrika Kommt Fellowship Programme Benefits
The Afrika Kommt Fellowship Programme Program will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- Language course:
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany;
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Travelling expenses:
- Visa for Germany for one year;
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back;
- Travel to refresher course and back;
- Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany;
- Monthly living allowance during the theoretical phase:
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (August, September and October 2020; July 2021);
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries;
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross;
- Accommodation: Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges);
- Insurance: Health, accident and liability insurance;
- Training: International management training courses and study tour and weekend seminars in Germany;
- Alumni activities;
Afrika Kommt Fellowship Programme Eligibility
In order to apply for the programme, applicants must meet following criteria.
- Citizen of a country in Africa;
- University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles);
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage;
- Two to five years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage;
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit;
- Female candidates are welcome.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the programme must check the available placements and required profiles in the Application Guide and click the apply button below to submit their application.
The deadline is 10 January 2020, 23.59h CET. Applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible. For more details on the Afrika Kommt Fellowship Programme, please visit the official page.