The 6th International LafargeHolcim Awards competition seeks building solutions and visions that go beyond convention to address the challenges of sustainability. The LafargeHolcim Awards promote innovation in sustainable construction through a series of regional and global competitions. Prizes at both levels total USD 2 million for each three-year competition cycle.
- Event: The 6th International LafargeHolcim Awards competition.
- Number of Prizes: 19.
- Date: Awards, Acknowledgements and Next Generation prizes will be presented at LafargeHolcim Awards between September and November 2020.
- Target group: Open to all
International LafargeHolcim Awards competition Benefits
LafargeHolcim Awards main category. The total prize money for each of the five regional (Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East Africa, and Asia Pacific) LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000 (USD 260,000 in the main category):
- LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 100,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 50,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 30,000
- 4 x LafargeHolcim Awards Acknowledgement prizes of USD 20,000 each LafargeHolcim
Awards Next Generation category. The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000 (USD 70,000 in the Next Generation category):
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 1st prize USD 25,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 2nd prize USD 20,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 3rd prize USD 15,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation 4th prize USD 10,000
Global LafargeHolcim Awards. The 15 recipients of regional LafargeHolcim Awards Gold, Silver and Bronze are automatically nominated for the Global LafargeHolcim Awards in 2021. The prize money of the Global LafargeHolcim Awards competition is USD 350,000:
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 150,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 100,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 50,000
- Global LafargeHolcim Jury Wild Card Awards from a budget of USD 50,000
International LafargeHolcim Awards competition Eligibility
The International LafargeHolcim Awards competition has two categories: LafargeHolcim Awards main category and the Next Generation young professionals and students category. Each category is grouped in clusters.
Group 1: Architecture, building and civil engineering,
Group 2: Landscape, urban design and infrastructure,
Group 3: Materials, products and construction technologies.
- In both categories, the project must not have commenced execution prior to January 1, 2019.
- There is no limit to the number of projects that any individual or team may enter in the competition.
- The same project may not be entered in both categories of the competition.
- The LafargeHolcim Awards main category is for exemplary sustainable construction projects at an advanced stage of design from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials and construction technology, and related fields. There is no age restriction for project authors.
- The Next Generation young professionals and students category is for visionary design concepts and bold ideas. Authors must be born after June 4, 1989. Students and professionals under 30 years of age are welcome to submit entries in the LafargeHolcim
- Awards main category for projects that are at an advanced stage of planning and highly likely to be realized.
- Entries must be submitted in English only, the principal and legally binding language of the LafargeHolcim Awards competition.
The LafargeHolcim Foundation has identified a set of five “target issues” for sustainable construction, which serve as a basis for the evaluation of submissions in the International LafargeHolcim Awards competition. The “target issues” are:
- Innovation and transferability – PROGRESS
- Ethical standards and social inclusion – PEOPLE
- Resource and environmental performance – PLANET
- Economic viability and compatibility – PROSPERITY
- Contextual and aesthetic impact – PLACE
Please submit your application by using the apply button and following instructions. For more detail on the International LafargeHolcim Awards competition, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.