The Indonesian Government Scholarships for International Students is now open for application. The Kemitraan Negara Bekembang (KNB) is available for foreign students that would like to study in Indonesia at Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree level.
The KNB Indonesia Scholarship is fully funded the Government of Indonesia and all expenses are covered. the scholarship is available for studies at partner universities in Indonesia and in a wide range of fields grouped under the following themes: Humanities, Engineering, Social Sciences, Sciences, and Education.
The Indonesian Government Scholarships aims to contribute in the human resource development, promote deeper cultural understanding and strengthen cooperation between developing countries.
- Host Institution(s): Institut Pertanian Bogor, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Universitas Airlangga , Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta, Universitas Diponegoro , Universitas Gadjah Mada, Universitas Hasanuddin , Universitas Indonesia , Universitas Katolik Parahyangan, Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta, Universitas Negeri Malang, Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, Universitas Padjadjaran , Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, Universitas Sebelas Maret, Universitas Telkom , Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya.
- Field: Humanities (Literary studies, Linguistics, History, Philosophy, Anthropology, Cultural studies); Engineering (Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Naval Architect & Marine Engineering, Geological Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering); Social Sciences (Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Law, Economics/Development Study, Communication & Media Studies, International Relations, Accounting, Management, Community Empowerment); Sciences (Biology, Physics, Geography, Chemistry, Remote Sensing, Computer, Mathematics, Statistics, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Sports sciences, Pharmacy Studies, Nursing); Education (Indonesian Education, Educational Science, Social Science Education, Natural Science Education, Primary School Teacher Education, Out of School Education/ Informal Education, Applied Linguistics, History Education, Instructional Education, Educational Management, Educational Research & Evaluation, Vocational & Technology Education).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program (Maximum 12 months), Bachelor’s Program (Maximum 48 months), Master Program (Maximum 24 months);
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Indonesian Government Scholarships Benefits
Winners of the KNB Indonesia Scholarship will enjoy the following benefits:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,500,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,750,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- Living Allowance IDR 2,750,000;
- Research Allowance IDR 400,000;
- Books Allowance IDR 350,0004.
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium;
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
Indonesian Government Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the KNB Indonesia Scholarship, applicants must meet following criteria:
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree holder is not eligible to apply).
- Applicants must have a TOEFL or IELTS (or other certified English Proficiency Test) score of 80 or 6.0 or equivalent.
- Applicants must complete the on-line application form.
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by the KNB Scholarship management.
You may also be eligible for the:
- International Excellence Scholarship At London Brunel University.
- Estonian Government Scholarship For Short Courses;
- Government Of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships;
- TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship;
- Tuition Free American Degrees At University Of The People;
All the application process is conducted online through the KNB Scholarship portal. Therefore, to apply for Indonesian Government Scholarships, you must follow steps below:
- Download the Invitation Letter (Download here);
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter. In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, you need to obtain the letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to your country;
- Click on the apply button below and hit sign up to register and complete the online application process and upload all required documents.
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia);
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
- Scanned TOEFL or IELTS score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years;
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
All the required documents have to be written or officially translated in English. Selection results will be announced in the 1st week of June 2020.
The online application process must be completed no later than . For more information on the Indonesian Government Scholarships, please visit the official page.