Applications are opened for the Einstein Fellowship in Germany for 2022. The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation in Germany are offering this fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic the current Einstein Fellow will not be able to take up residence in Caputh before next year. Therefore, the following fellowship will be awarded for 2022 rather than 2021. All applications that have already been submitted will be considered in the next selection round.
- Host institutions: Universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin, Germany.
- Areas of Research : Any.
- Number of fellowships : Not specified.
- Duration : five to six months.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
Einstein Fellowship in Germany Benefits
The Albert Einstein Fellowship will provide successful applicants with the following benefits:
- living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein’s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg;
- The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and;
- reimbursement of travel expenses.
Einstein Fellowship in Germany Eligibility
To apply for the Albert Einstein Fellowship, applicants must meet criteria below:
- Candidates must be under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences;
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant;
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD;
- The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship, but can be the beginning of a longer project.
- Government of Turkey Success Scholarship;
- MEXT Scholarship at Yokohama National University;
- University of Twente Kipaji Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- ENS International Selection Scholarship for All;
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Holland Scholarship for Non-EEA International Students;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships.
Applications for 2021 should include a CV, a two-page project proposal, and two letters of recommendation. Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected].
All documents must be received by . For more details on the Einstein Fellowship in Germany, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.