Applications for the DAAD In-Region/In-Country Postdoctoral Fellowship for former scholarship holders from Sub-Saharan Africa is now open. The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa to conduct, under the guidance of their host institutions, co-operative research at a German university or other research institutions. The programme is designed to augment opportunities for researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Host Institution: Universities or research institutions in Germany.
- Field of Study: Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national or regional development.
- Number of awards: Around 10 fellowships.
- Duration: Two to six months and are not renewable.
- Target group: Open to citizens of African countries.
DAAD In-Region/In-Country Postdoctoral Fellowship Benefits
The fellowship will offer selected candidates the following Benefits:
- An adequate travel lump sum
- A research lump sum of EUR 600,
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1.400,
- Accident, liability and health insurance
DAAD In-Region/In-Country Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility
In order to apply for the DAAD In-Region/In-Country Postdoctoral Fellowship for former scholarship holders applicants must meet following criteria.
- be alumni of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) within the “In-Region / In-Country Scholarship Programme”.
- have completed their PhD degree less than six years ago.
- hold an academic position at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- be invited by a German host institution (please note: DAAD does not find or introduce host institutions.)
- be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the Fellowship need to click on the application button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
- Online application form, duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum vitae (please use the europass specimen form at www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable).
- Letter of invitation from a German host institution.
- Research proposal (at least 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher in Germany.
- Confirmation from a German professor stating that she /he will host the applicant during the stay
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Applications can be handed in at any time, but at least four months before the intended visit in Germany. For more detail on the DAAD In-Region/In-Country Postdoctoral Fellowship for former scholarship holders from Sub-Saharan Africa, please visit the official page.