Applications are now opened for the Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST 2021-2022. CSC scholarships aims to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies and research in China.
This Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program is fully funded and opened for Foreign students to study at master and PhD degree programs that are offered by the Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable, with good Chinese or English language proficiency.
Funded in 1952, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST; 华中科技大学 – Huázhōng Kējì Dàxué) is a public research university located in Wuhan, China. The university host the Wuhan National Laboratories for Optoelectronics, which is one of the five national laboratories in China. HUST is among the China’s Top Ten Research Institutions and is one of two Chinese universities which have been awarded the University Leadership Award.
- Host Institutions: Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) in China.
- Fields of studies: Eligible fields available on the official page.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Normal duration of Master and PhD program.
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST Benefits
The Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology is fully funded and provides successful applicants with the following benefits:
- tuition waiver;
- monthly stipend;
- medical insurance.
Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST Eligibility
To apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST, candidates must be a:
- citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health;
- bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- English-medium Programs: have a good command of English. Applicants with good marks on TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official recognized test and proficiency certificate are preferred;
- Chinese-medium Programs: HSK 4 for Science, Engineering and Medicine. HSK 5 for Economics, Management, Literature, Philosophy, Education and Law.
- Applications submitted by Current degree students in China’s university who will graduate in 2022 or later are NOT accepted.
- SCUT Chinese Government Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship EU Program;
- ANSO Scholarship for International Students in China;
- Siemens China Scholarship for International Students;
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarships;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Zhejiang University;
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this scholarship program to study in Asia must follow instructions provided below.
Step 1: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose the corresponding program (Type B for University program). The agency No. of Huazhong University of Science and Technology is 10487. Download the application form (in PDF) and print it. Please read the CSC Scholarship Application Steps and Required Documents for more details
Step 2: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Online Registration
Create an account, fill in and submit the HUST Online Application. Please upload the “APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP” (downloaded from Step 1) and required documents in the system.
Note: a non-refundable application fees of 600 CNY/100 USD is required by the university. Applicants should pay online after submitting their online application. Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted.
- Academic Certificate: An official certificate of your highest education or the official document of enrollment issued by the current school. Academic documents issued in the third language should be notarized in Chinese or English editions
- Physical Examination Form. Those who are studying or working in China could upload the Health Certificate or Residence Permit instead
- Certificate of Non-criminal Record: A certificate issued by the police station or law enforcement agency certifying that you have no previous criminal record
- Personal Statement: Introduce yourself in details, explain your understanding of China, list the reasons and your expectations for studying at HUST
- CV: Including educational background, work experience, and publication list if available
- Study Plan/Research Proposal
- Language Proficiency Certificate
- 2 Recommendation Letters: Signed by your former lecturers, professors/associate professors, or the renowned in the field of your future study.
Note: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Hard copies are NOT accepted. Please do NOT post your application to HUST. The final list of scholarship winners will be published and winners will be notified from late July.
The application deadline is . For more detail on the Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST, please refer to the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.