Application for the African Graduate Fellowships at AUC in Egypt for the 2021-2022 academic year is now open. The fellowship is a competitive program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a Master’s degree at the American University in Cairo (AUC).
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at the university.
The American University in Cairo (AUC) is founded in 1919 and is an American-accredited higher education institution. AUC has students, staff and alumni from more than 60 countries. The University offers 36 undergraduate, 44 master’s and two PhD programs with a globally recognized professional community-based education in English.
- Host Institution: American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt.
- Fields of study: Available graduate programmes at the university (Please check list below).
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Two academic years and the intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
- Target group: Open to citizens of African countries.
African Graduate Fellowships at AUC Benefits
The Fellowship provides selected candidates with the following benefits.
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus
Graduate Programmes at the American University in Cairo
Below is the list of available master degree programs at the American University in Cairo.
- Masters of Business Administration, (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Computing (M.Comp.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed)
- Teaching and Learning (M.Ed.)
- Arabic Studies
- Community Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Egyptology and Coptology MA, with tracks in Art, Archaeology and History; Language, Literature and Religion; and Coptology
- English and Comparative Literature
- Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/North Africa
- International & Comparative Education
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Middle East Studies
- Migration and Refugee Studies
- Political Science, Joint Program with University of Tubingen (Comparative and Middle East Politics and Society- CMEPS)
- Political Science, with specializations in Comparative Politics, International Relations, and Development Studies
- Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Television and Digital Journalism
- Construction Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Environmental Systems Design (M.Eng.)
- Mechanical Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Petroleum Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Robotics, Control and Smart Systems (M.Eng.)
- Architecture (M.Sc.)
- Biotechnology (M.Sc.)
- Chemistry, with concentration in Food Chemistry and Nutrition (M.Sc.)
- Computer Science (M.Sc.)
- Construction Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Environmental Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Finance, with concentrations in Corporate Finance, Investments, and FinTech (M.Sc.)
- Petroleum Engineering (M.Sc.)
- Mechanical Engineering, with specializations in Design, Industrial Engineering, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, and Power (M.Sc.)
- Nanotechnology (M.Sc.)
- Physics (M.Sc.)
- Robotics, Control and Smart Systems (M.Sc.) and more. Please click here for full list.
African Graduate Fellowships at AUC Eligibility
To apply for the Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; full admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying graduate full admissions requirements
- Submit an international TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
- DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany for All;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Brazilian Government Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries;
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships (Master – PhD);
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
Interested applicants must follow steps below to submit their applications.
Note: In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work. Candidates should submit their application by . For more detail on the African Graduate Fellowships at AUC, please visit the official page. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.