Application are currently being received for the 10th UI YEA International Essay competition. The university of Indonesia (UI) Youth Environmental Action (YEA) 2021 is proud to remind you that they are still accepting submissions for the essay competition. Don’t hesitate to register yourself for the competition.
This year, the competition theme is “Unlocking the Circular Economy Potential For A Global Sustainable Future”. The grand theme is completed with three sub-themes, namely: (i) Circular industrial waste, (ii) Circular food production and (iii) Sustainable infrastructure. Don’t miss out on the opportunity! The world needs all of your brilliant thoughts and solutions.
- Event: The 10th UI Youth Environmental Action.
- Theme: Unlocking The Circular Economy Potential for A Global Sustainable Future.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Not specified.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
The 10th UI YEA International Essay competition Benefits
Participants will gain relationships with participants from various regions and countries. In addition, during the selection process, coaching with experts will also be provided. The winners will also receive prizes, certificates, and their essay ideas will be submitted to stakeholders as relevant solutions to existing environmental problems.
The 10th UI YEA International Essay competition Eligibility
To apply for this International Essay competition, candidates must have the following profile:
- All essay participants must be active undergraduate or diploma students from local or international universities/institutions.
- Each participant in a team must come from the same institution or university (different majors are allowed).
- Participants must register in a team consisting of 3 (three) students.
- Each participant can only be registered in one team.
- Participants who are selected as delegates must attend technical meetings, coaching sessions, and finals. Delegates are recommended to attend the other 10th UI YEA events, such as the summit.
- Upon registering, participants must upload the twibbon of The 10th UI YEA Essay Competition to an unprivate Instagram account and tag @uiyea. The link to the twibbon and its caption template is available here.
- Essay must be written in formal American English with 750—1500 words.
- Each team can only submit one submission with one chosen sub theme according to the provisions below.
- Submission must be fresh and has never been submitted in previous competition or published in online media. Participants are prohibited from committing acts of plagiarism.
- Essays should be submitted before August 21st, 2021.
- Essays are written with these formats:
- Paper size : A4
- Margins : 3 cm (top, bottom, right, and left)
- Font : Times New Roman
- Font size : 12 pt
- Line spacing : 1,5
- Alignment : Justify
- The essay must be written according to the outline given below this section and this template bit.ly/UIYEAEssayPaper
- Essays are collected in .pdf format with the file titled Team Name_Team Leader’s name_University/Institution_Title of Writing and emailed to [email protected] before August 21st, 2021 at 11.59 PM GMT+7.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The essay must be written according to this outline:
- Title (typed in bold and uppercase letters, center alignment, and no underlines)
- Body of writing
- Bibliography (Harvard style; uncounted for the word limit)
- Originality Statement
- Payment receipt (solely inserted in 1 blank page)
- Screenshot of all member’s Instagram twibbon post
- Bullet usage (i.e. letters, or Roman numerals) must be consistent.
- Page numbers are inserted in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Participants aren’t required to insert footnotes.
- Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships;
- Hakuho Japanese Research Fellowship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship;
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for the prize, must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to apply.
For further instructions, you may access the official guidebook. For more information, you can follow them through:
- Instagram: @uiyea
- Twitter: @uiyea_official
- Website: uiyea.org
- Line: @ddq7637e
- LinkedIn: UI Youth Environmental Action
- Phone: +6285156485466 (Larissa)
The deadline to apply is . For more details on the 10th UI YEA International Essay competition in Africa and the Middle East (POESAM), please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.