Application for WCED Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan for the 2020-2022 academic year is now open. The Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies (WCED) at the University of Michigan invites scholars who have received their Ph.D. since 2018 to apply for the Fellowship.
This two-year fellowship supports multidisciplinary research on the broad historical, political, economic, and societal conditions under which democracy and autocracy either emerge and endure or falter and fail. Up to two awards are available for the 2020-22 fellowship.
WCED Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to focus on their own research, participate in occasional WCED workshops and events, and present at least one public lecture during their two-year fellowship, while in full-time residence at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. A teaching opportunity may be possible during the second year of the fellowship, if desired.
- Host Institution: The University of Michigan .
- Field of study: Available fields at the university.
- Number of awards: up to two.
- Duration: 2 years.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
WCED Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan Benefits:
The Fellowship provides Selected candidates with the following benefits.
- Fellowships carry an annual salary of $50,000 and up to $7,000 in research funds during the post-doctoral appointment.
- Fellowship recipients will be eligible for U-M health, dental, and life insurance options (beginning September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2022).
- Fellows have full access to U-M library resources.
WCED Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan Eligibility:
Applicants from all disciplines are welcomed, though the majority of past applicants and Fellows have come from political science, sociology, and history. Fellows must have successfully defended and filed their dissertation before beginning the fellowship. Eligibility is restricted to those who have received their Ph.D. after January 1, 2018.
Interested applicants who would like to be considered for this Fellowship are required to submit:
- WCED Postdoctoral Fellowship Application
- A two-page research plan that outlines the research project and how the fellow will spend his/her time during the fellowship period
- Curriculum Vitae
- A scholarly writing sample, such as a dissertation chapter, conference paper, or journal article
- Two letters of recommendation
Fellowship applications must be received by January 15, 2020, 11:59 pm EST.. For more details on the WCED Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan , please visit the official page.