The UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest is a free-of-charge photography contest called Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads, with the theme “Reveal the Silk Roads”. Application and submission of materials are all done online.
The photographs must represent the theme “Reveal the Silk Roads” through Gastronomy and Food Production, Music and Dance, and Traditional Sports and Games. Only minor modifications to the photographs will be accepted (e.g. dodging and burning, aperture, cropping, color balance) and must be clearly indicated in the image’s description. Each photograph must not contain any personal information that identifies the photographer.
- Theme: “Reveal the Silk Roads” through Gastronomy and Food Production, Music and Dance, and Traditional Sports and Games.
- Number of Prizes: 6 (1st, 2nd and 3rd Awards).
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest Benefits
In each age category, three photographs will be awarded by the international members of the Selection Committee. It is composed of six international personalities who are recognized for their artistic work and designated by the UNESCO.
- 1st Award: A professional digital single-lens reflex camera equipped with 18-55mm lens
- 2nd Award: Semi-professional digital camera
- 3rd Award: Digital camera.
UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest Eligibility
The photo contest is open to everyone between 14 and 25 years old, regardless of his or her country of residence, except employees of UNESCO and the donor, China World Peace Foundation, and their family members (parents, children, siblings and spouses). The UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest has two categories:
- 14 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old.
To participate, minors must provide written permission from their legal guardian(s):
“I, the undersigned Mr/Ms “full name” legal representative of “full name”, authorize him/her to participate in the photography contest “Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads” which runs from 19 September 2019 to 6 January 2020. I read and agreed with the terms of rules.
Signed “City”, the “Date” Signature
- No minors’ participation will be accepted by the Organization without their written permission.
- To participate, entrants must have access to the Internet.
- Participation is strictly personal and the entrant cannot enter the contest on behalf of another person.
- Participation in the photography contest implies full acceptance of the rules and all of their provisions. Non-compliance with the rules will result in disqualification of the entrant.
UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest Selection Criteria
Photographs will be selected on their originality, creativity, photographic quality and relevance to the themes “Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads” Photo Contest. The choice will be made according to the discretion of the Selection Committee. No appeals will be considered.
- Before officially entering the Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest, you’re encouraged to read the rules and themes sections (on the official page) to have a clear idea of the desired visual elements to be included in your submissions.
- In order to participate, you should first create an account by completing the mandatory fields with the requested information.
- You will then be able to upload your photos to the contest’s website via your account.
- Upload a maximum of 20 photographs
- Include a caption for each photograph or series of photographs, in digital format (JPEG or JPG)
- The quality of the photographs must be at least 1,500 pixels wide for horizontal images and 1,500 pixels tall for vertical images.
- All submitted information should be in English.
The deadline to apply for the UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest is:January 6, 2020. For more details, please visit the official page.