One of the simplest ways to immigrate to Canada is through an education visa. If Canada is your dream destination, you’re welcome to apply for admission at St Thomas University. After your graduation, you can upgrade your status to permanent resident and later get the nationality. Admitted students are offered various funding opportunities that are grouped under the St Thomas University Entrance Scholarships.
Many students are supported by a combination of awards, fellowships, or scholarships from a variety of funding sources for admitted students at St Thomas University. Scholarships and awards are available for Canadian citizens, permanent residents as well for international students admitted in an Undergraduate degree program.
Founded in 1961, St. Thomas University (STU) is a public Catholic university in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. STU is mainly an undergraduate university offering bachelor’s degrees in liberal arts in more than 30 programs in the humanities and social sciences to approximately 1,900 students. The university count among its alumni, Brian Mulroney (a Canadian prime minister), Shawn Graham (a New Brunswick premier), university presidents, federal and provincial cabinet ministers, etc.
- Host institution: St Thomas University, Canada.
- Fields of study: Available undergraduate programs at the university (Please check list below).
- Number of grants: Not specified.
- Duration: varies (up to 4 years).
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities (Foreign students, American students, Canadian citizens and Permanent residents).
St Thomas University Entrance Scholarships Benefits
Entrance scholarships are awarded to deserving students at the time of admission or during their studies. St Thomas University offers various scholarships and awards that range in value between $500 – $65,000 to its students.
- Alma Joyce Memorial Scholarship: $1,000
- Bishop Barry Entrance Scholarship: $1,000
- Bishop Bray Entrance Scholarship: $2,000
- CFUW (Fredericton) Entrance Scholarship: $2,000
- Chancellor’s International Scholarship: Full International Tuition
- Chancellor’s Scholarship: Full tuition and a single room and board
- Claire M. Elhatton Scholarship: $1,750
- Dawn Russell Scholarship: Full tuition. Renewable over four years
- Dennis Cochrane Entrance Scholarship: $2,000 (Minimum)
- Eugene T. McCarthy Memorial Leadership Scholarship: $2,000 renewable
- Evelyn Sweezey Scholarship: $4,500 renewable
- Francis M. McLaughlin Scholarship: Full tuition plus $500 book allowance
- Frank McKenna Scholarship: Full tuition and renewable
- Gene Hayes Scholarship: $2,000
- Grogan-Pace Scholarship: $2,000
- Irene Mulroney Entrance Scholarship: $1,500
- JD Irving Limited Scholarship: $5,600 renewable
- Judge J. Thomas Troy Memorial Scholarship: $2,500
- Katherine L. Roderick Scholarship: $1,500
- Knights of Columbus Scholarship: $2,500
- Marguerite Bourgeoys Entrance Scholarship: $1,500
- Mary T. Morris Entrance Scholarship: $1,500
- Monsignor Donald C. Duffie Memorial Scholarship: $2,500
- Mrs. P. M. McMahon Scholarship: $2,500
- Msgr. George W. Martin Scholarship: Full tuition and a double room and board. In order to receive the room and board portion of the scholarship, recipients must live in residence
- President’s International Scholarship: Varies up to a maximum of full tuition and renewable for three additional years
- President’s Scholarship: Full tuition and renewable
- Ray and Lorain Irving Scholarship: $1,000
- Rev. Raymond Hawkes Scholarship: $1,000 per annum and renewable
- Rev. T.A. MacDonald Scholarship: $1,500
- Sherman Donovan Scholarship: $2,500
- St. Thomas Renewable Scholars Scholarship: $2,000 guaranteed in the first year
- St. Thomas Student Leader Scholarship: $3,000 in the first year for students with admission averages of 80-89%, and renewable at $2,000 in each subsequent year (to a total of $9,000). Valued at $4,000 in the first year for students with admission averages of 90% or higher, and renewable at $2,000 in each subsequent year (to a total of $10,000).
- Anne-Marie Eagles Memorial Award: $2,000 (amount may vary)
- St. Thomas Entrance Award for Outstanding Scholar Athlete: $10,000 ($5,000 renewable over two years)
- Thomas Family Scholar Bursary : $2000
- Harrison McCain Scholars Bursary : $4,000 renewable.
Available Programs at the St Thomas University
Below is the list of available undergraduate programs at the St Thomas University.
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Environment and Society
- International Relations
- Law, Politics, and Society
- Political Science
- Science and Technology Studies
- Women’s Studies and Gender Studies
- Catholic Studies
- Communications and Public Policy
- English Language and Literature
- English as a Second Language
- Fine Arts
- Great Books
- Human Rights
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Irish Studies
- Native Studies
- Religious Studies
- Romance Languages
- Social Work
- Romance Languages
- Spanish and Latin American Studies and more. Please click here for the full list of programs.
St Thomas University Entrance Scholarships Eligibility
To benefit from one or more of these scholarships listed above, candidates must satisfy.
- minimum admission requirements;
- program-specific requirements;
- language requirements;
- apply for admission to an undergraduate program and get admitted.
The main criteria to get scholarships are students academic achievement.
- CSA Group Graduate Scholarship To Study in Canada;
- SFU Canada Graduate Entrance Scholarship;
- Laurentian University in Canada Scholarships for International Students;
- Concordia Presidential Scholarships to Study in Canada;
- McMaster University in Canada Entrance Awards.
Why study at St Thomas University?
Please watch the video below to see if St Thomas University is a good host for your university studies.
Interested candidates in these scholarship programs to study in North America (Canada) must apply for admission at the university and get admitted to their chosen program. Upon admission, they will be considered for scholarships or award they are eligible for.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship is However, the deadline may vary for some programs. Please consult programs’ pages for more details. To know more about the St Thomas University Entrance Scholarships to Study in Canada, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.